Chick peas and red kidney beans

Options
Hi guys,

I'm new on here and new on my journey and I have a question: Do you guys have limits when it comes to chick peas and red kidney beans?
I make big batches of soup for my lunches at work and one of my fave is one I make with a bunch of veggies and chick peas and red beans. I have it at almost every lunch. They fit into my daily calorie intake but I am wondering if it's a type of food I should limit...

Same question for avocados... Most mornings, I eat half an avocado with 1 medium hard broiled egg, mashed together. I Love it and the avocado is pretty much the only fat I eat during the day...

Thanks for your help!

Replies

• SeaSiren1
    SeaSiren1 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    If they fit your macros, eat them.
  • CosmicBella
    CosmicBella Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    If they fit your macros, eat them.

Agreed!... I eat both of these, as well as many other beans (black eyed peas, black beans, etc.) everyday and my weight is going down weekly... :)
  • cmhickey616
    cmhickey616 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't limit them :) I eat hummus, kidney and black beans, and avocados almost every day (the avocados are also one of my only sources of fat) and I've consistently lost weight while doing this.
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Don't limit the beans. They are very good fiber for you. I'd make room in your calories for them if necessary.
  • Chickie0999
    Options
    Great! Thank you so much guys!
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I believe that they are a healthy alternative (high in sodium if they are canned) but are a great addition to your diet - high in calories, but great fiber, etc. Again, if you fit them into a balanced diet, they are great.
  • annie7hudds
    annie7hudds Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I agree - keep up with the beans.

As long as they fit in your cal allowance obviously.