Having a Hard Time

Options
Hey everyone...Sooo yesterday was such a bad day....I found out that my grandfather is going to have open heart surgery on top of one of my friends passing away......this is not going well....so instead of coping well....I ate really bad.....But somehow I managed to walk for 45 min with a friend....but still, I was over 2,000 calories.....Wow, I just feel like crying and giving up on this......I need some words of encouragement please

Replies

• katemadrigal
    Options
    I'm really sorry about the loss of your friend and your grandfather's upcoming surgery. I find that when I'm anxious or stressed, I also overeat, so I can relate. Once I eat one bad thing it's pretty much a domino effect from there, and the next thing you know, your whole day is shot...

The only thing I can tell you is to try and take one meal at a time. If you blew breakfast out of the water, try and have a sensible lunch, go for a walk and eat a light dinner. Even if you go over your calories for the day, at least you tried to stay on track.

This isn't a race, it's a marathon. This is a lifestyle change, and life has ups and downs that we need to face. Try and hang in there Laura. I know it's easier said than done, but I have faith in you!

:smile:
  • Susanhs6
    Susanhs6 Posts: 8
    Options
    Laura,
    i react the same way when I am stressed. But I end up feeling worse in the end. I try to remind myself that I am taking care of myself when I stay on track. I am sorry for the hard times you are going through.
    Take care,
  • Hanni
    Hanni Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Laure I am so sorry to hear about your worries at the moment. I really hope all goes well with your grandad.

As the above post said, I think most of us turn to food when we are stressed or upset. I do that too alot of the time.
    But dont give up on this. This is so important for you, even if you have gone over on one day, that only throws you back 1 day and hasnt ruined the whole thing, has it? And you can catch up again if you do some exercise or eat better again the next day. Keep going. :flowerforyou:
  • free2roam66
    Options
    So sorry to hear about your friend and grandfather. But the best thing you can do about a really bad stressful eating day like that, is to forgive and forget. Forgive yourself for being human, forget about all that you ate that day, and start over TODAY.

Actually, sometimes a bad day can come in handy. If you're used to low calories for a while and then suddenly eat more calories than you should have for one day, that can boost your metabolism.

So, forgive yourself, forget about the bad day, and keep on losing.
  • Laura817
    Laura817 Posts: 29
    Options
    Thank you all!!
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    I agree don't worry about having a bad day. You have enough stress in your life and worrying about what you have already eaten is not going to help. Try to stay on track as best you can through this trying time but allow yourself some room to breath. :flowerforyou:
  • NurseMisty
    NurseMisty Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is a new day and you can start fresh! My grandpa just passed away a week ago. I went to the store to shop and came home with cookies chips and 2 containers of ice cream. I ate terribly that day, but straightened up the next. It was how I coped....next time when I have an emotional issue, hopefully, I'll cope better.

Good luck with your Grandpa and sorry about the loss of your friend.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your friend passing away and your grandfathers open heart surgery. Don't beat yourself up over overeating. Just get back on it and try hard to do better than you done the day before. :flowerforyou: