Vanilla Protein shake recipies?

Options

Replies

• NikkiRoxx
    NikkiRoxx Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I love to make peanut butter and jelly oatmeal with mine : ) I cook my oatmeal, add 1 scoop of vanilla protein, 1 Tablespoon all natural peanut butter and add raspberries, strawberries or blueberries. Soooo good! And vanilla protein is great to cook with : )
  • Eaglesfanintn
    Eaglesfanintn Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I add a scoop of vanilla protein powder to a smoothie with a banana, a container of light yoplait strawberry/banana yogurt, a tiny bit of V8 Splash juice and some ice.
  • JennyZD
    JennyZD Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I make a protein berry mix with one scoop of protein powder, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, nonfat Greek yogurt and water (or milk). It's scrumptious!

Also, google Jamie Eason's Chocolate Protein bars" and "Cinnamon Swirl Protein Bread". They both use vanilla protein powder and they are SO good.
    :) hope it helps
  • mandisu
    mandisu Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Tropical Smoothie

1/2 cup orange juice
    1/2 cup soy milk
    1/4 cup pineapple chunks
    1 banana
    4-5 ice cubes
    1 scoop vanilla protein powder

368 calories - fills me up till lunch!
  • kristina815
    Options
    It's an acquired tasted. Honestly, if you're like me and don't feel like drinking the extra calories in milk form is worth it (I'd much rather eat my calories ! haha!) try mixing your powder with water, blend with ice into smoothie form and use 1-2 tsp of light cocoa powder to make it like a chocolate milkshake. So delicious, and completely masks the taste... If you feel daring add a banana or peanut butter, YUM!
  • pidnit
    pidnit Posts: 11
    Options
    I am just starting with the protien powder . . . LOVE THESE IDEAS!!! Thanks.
  • debstanley4
    debstanley4 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • tamsink
    Options
    i use unsweetened soya milk, handful of frozen berries plus fat free yoghurt? you can really change the tastes using different flavour yoghurts and you dont need much, a couple of spoons or half a small pot - plus you got the bonus of the additional protein.
  • KMSForLife
    Options
    I use one scoop of protein powder, 6 oz light yogurt (whatever flavor you choose) and 8 oz almond milk. I often drink this for breakfast.
  • CeCePII
    CeCePII Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem.

I do:
    one scoop protein
    tablespoon of peanut butter (not too much, but to taste),
    1/2 tablespoon of unsweetened coco powder
    banana.
    8oz of water and a splash of soy milk (mix until you get the consistency that you want).

I'm a non-dairy vegetarian, thus the extra protein via peanut butter and soy milk.
  • ShellyRae7
    ShellyRae7 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm always looking for ways to change up my protein drink.

currently I do -
    One scoop protein
    1/2 cup unsweetened Almond Milk
    1/2 LF yogurt
    1 small banana
    1/2 strawberries

but I have also added about 1/4 cup of raw almonds because I enjoy the crunch. (blend a bit longer)
    I have added one orange which make it taste like I had put coconut in my drink.

It's all good, but I have to watch what I add, especially the extra nuts. the calories add up very fast and then we are defeating our purpose of weightloss.
  • layindoor84
    Options
    I use Muscle Milk from GNC. 25 bucks for the 2.5lb jug. Mix it with nofat milk. Best tasting shake ever. Sometimes, i will throw it in a blender and drop a little peanut butter in there or frozen banana slices. PB is awesome though.
    Another thing i will do is mix up my shake with just milk and pour it over my cheerios for breakfast. yummy in my tummy
  • CatMauro
    CatMauro Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    increase your fiber by mixing one scoop of protein powder with a glass of unsweetened vanilla almond milk and one scoop of unsweetened orange flavoured fiber powder (Metamucil). It's way awesome and tastes like creamcicle!!!! Also works with chocolate protein (Terry's chocolate orange!)
  • Erica002
    Erica002 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    1 scoop of vanilla protein, 1 c frozen strawberries, 1 c orange juice, 1 banana, and 1/2 c of yogurt.
  • psmd
    psmd Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I bought the vanilla gnc protein powder and had half a scoop mixed in a shake and it was awful for me too. Went back to the store and exchanged for the chocolate which is a ton better.
  • cs_lyons
    Options
    I have a medical condition that limits me to liquids and have tried numerous protein shakes that taste horrible. I have found that adding more vanilla flavor, either vanilla extract or ground vanilla beans helps the flavor as well as adding in frozen fruit and/or a little smooth peanut butter.

Personally I like HSN's Andrew Lessman's meal replacement shake in vanilla. It's a little on the sweet side but tastes delicious.
  • tigg17
    tigg17 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Because I usually drink one of my protein shakes right after the gym I have to drink it with water! I've discovered that adding about 1/4 scoop of orange gatorade to the mix makes it delicious!! I've tried it with vanilla and strawberry powder (the strawberry tastes like a creamcicle!!)
  • elliottsurg
    Options
    Melaluca has a great protein shake, ProFlex 20 it comes in vanilla and chocolate, vanilla is the best. I've tried others and this is great!
  • indrani1947
    indrani1947 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I mix mine (tastes like cardboard) with a small amount of fruit juice (I like mango or pineapple) then a portion of low fat plain yogurt = low cal high protein dessert