Look at my food diary please.

Options
I need some suggestions. Every night this week I have been hungry about an hour after dinner.

What you need to know...I have diverticulitis, I have to be very careful with the amount of fiber I get. Too much puts me in excruciating pain. I don't do soy or organics, or tofu or anything like that. I have been a diet of around 1200 calories since last May and this is the first time I've felt this hunger.
(I'm not in the gym right now because I'm recovering from foot surgery dec 30. And I've never eaten back my calories even when I was in the gym)

Any help?

Replies

• holra527
    holra527 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I would suggest maybe eating more often during the day 5 -6 times rather than having one big calorie laden meal will make a huge difference. I eat 6 times a day, never feel hungry and am losing
  • anharrison
    anharrison Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    If you have a true hunger after dinner, eat some nuts. A small handful will rid my hunger and provide healthy fats. Now when I have a craving after dinner...nuts dont cut it. I usually go for a weight watchers ice cream bar for under 100 calories. Just some ideas!
  • walkwithme1
    walkwithme1 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I usually eat fruit for breakfast but forgot to take it with me this morning.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    You don't eat enough. Being under 1200 cals is NOT good.
    Eat more protein (not canned food).
    Eat more fat (yes eat full fat dairy).
    Eat less carbs (cut down the pasta and starches:bread, potatoes): they make most people hungry an hour after eating them.
    Watch your sodium intake.
  • walkwithme1
    walkwithme1 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I just upped my calories since posting this. Increased to 1300 a day. So you will see that I am under calories. I was at 1200 a day.
  • admanMike
    admanMike Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I'd be glad to look at it but i don't think i could add too much as nutrition certainly is not my strong point. It looks like you've got some good feedback from others so i hope that is helpful. I would agree that eating more often, smaller meals throughout the day is helpful albiet not an easy thing to do as i have to plan ahead and take stuff to work like almonds, yogurt, granola, etc.
    Keep up the great work!
  • jmcgreggor
    jmcgreggor Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I've found out that if I drink a glass of water 15-20 minutes after eating that I feel full the rest of the night, Also, when I cut down on my carbs. (white breads,pasta,potatoes,etc..) and added more whole grains that Im beginning to feel that my meals are more filling causing me to not want to snack.

Good luck on your journey!
  • harleygirl6363
    harleygirl6363 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I've found out that if I drink a glass of water 15-20 minutes after eating that I feel full the rest of the night, Also, when I cut down on my carbs. (white breads,pasta,potatoes,etc..) and added more whole grains that Im beginning to feel that my meals are more filling causing me to not want to snack.

Good luck on your journey!

I agree with the water thing. I ALWAYS drink a HUGE glass of water before I eat dinner, during dinner and then right after dinner. I drink it all day but thats my meal routine keeps me full longer and not wanting to eat more. Also I cut out the carbs not totally because I love my carbs but just changed what kind of carbs I eat. it took me a week or so to get used to it but now Im hardly ever hungery. Give it a try I hope it works out for you :)