Denny's Fit & Lean!!! What a crock!!

Last night I went to Dennys, I wanted something warm & filling but trying to stay healthy. I looked on the new Fresh & fit fare menur & chose the NEW! Banana Pecan Pancake Breakfast. Well when I got home to log my calories this is what I found.

Calories - 780 Cholesterol - 55 Sodium - 1610 Carbohydrates - 130 Fiber - 10
Protein - 33 Sugar - 62 Fat - 15 Calories From Fat - 140 Trans Fat - 0 Saturated Fat - 4

780 calories & 130 carbs...really how is that Fresh & Fit??? I looked it up & I could have had a bananna split for less. Now I know that pancakes are not exactly "health food" (so don't send me a bunch of hateful " what did you expect" comments. But, wheat pancake mix with pecans, I did not expect it to be that bad...by the way when you look it up it states it is made with Sugar coated pecans.....REALLY!!!!
I will be looking up nutricional info before I dine out ever again!!!!

Replies

• harleygirl6363
    harleygirl6363 Posts: 426 Member
    that is a crock wow. I never wouldve expected that from the title lean and fit or whatever it is that makes it sound so healthy thats misadvertisement. I guess though with that being said its probably lower than anything else on their menu lol
  • scott091501
    scott091501 Posts: 1,260 Member
    It's fit and lean compared to their other menu choices.
  • I don't think there is anything Fit & Lean about Denny's really. :wink:
  • ShaSimone
    ShaSimone Posts: 270 Member
    Lean and Fit my eyeball!! Maybe try an egg white veggie omlette instead. I don't eat out for this very reason!
  • mrb_9110
    mrb_9110 Posts: 189 Member
    I generally lean away from pancakes/french toast type breakfasts, so when I went to denny's recently with a friend, I ordered the fit slam (or whatever it's called). I got egg whites, turkey bacon, wheat toast, seasonal fruit and coffee for under 500 cals, not a bad choice at all for a restaurant meal! Of course I probably could have had something similar at home for fewer cals...