I'm baaaaaaaaaack - I need all the help I can get....

Options
Ok, I'm back....(Sighing deeply). I am doing Weight Watchers in conjunction to tracking my food and activity here on myfitness.com. Last week I know I ate a lot less than usual and excercised, oh, and had my water each day...I didn't eat more because I wasn't hungry and I didn't want to eat when not hungry. I still saw a 1.8 lb gain on the scale when I weighed in at my meeting last night. This is so frustrating. I have recently gotten engaged and I have so much weight to lose. I am making small goals for my weight loss, but the weight does not go down consistently even though I'm sticking to a balanced plan now more than ever in my life. I need so much encouragement...I want to look beautiful and FEEL COMFORTABLE and healthier on my wedding day...I know that my fiance loves me for the person that I am....but I want to lose the weight for me...does that sound nutty? Have a beautiful day ahead, everyone!

(sigh) I have more than a hundred pounds to be at a healthy weight for my height and age. :( Even when I focus on small weight goals at a time...that is still swimming in the back of my mind. Why do I struggle so much with losing this weight....I know it didn't come on over night...but...

Replies

• MissMalinSara
    Options
    I'm here if you need a chat! Add me as a friend :-)

Losing weight is probably one of the hardest things in term of motivation and consistency!
    My weight goes up and down all the time (by a few pounds).. But what is life when all we think about is food? It's depressing! Therefore my theory is; lose the weight slowly - so slowly that you don't even realising your dieting, just tweak things in your life like running to the bustop instead of walking (examples) eating brown bread instead of white, having a banana instead of a full fat coffee!

There are so many little things you can change which make a big impact, Keep logging your food entries on here and find out what youre doing wrong/right. Youre correct though - losing weight doesnt happen over night.. but think about it - if it did - it would be put back on in a couple of seconds!

:)
  • LourdesitaMaria
    LourdesitaMaria Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Thank you Pegaloo...you're right if I don't struggle to lose it I won't truly appreciate the hard work enough to work even harder to keep it off! :)
  • pecanpiej
    Options
    You can do it. I know it seems overwhelming, but it will be worth it. Have you tried Sensa? It helps me a lot. Also I find putting several vegetables into the blender and blending with water really helps curb the appitite. A good blend is apple, cucumber, spinach and either bell pepper or carrots. Just blend and drink. Green tea and Asai berry help too. If you would like a friend I would be happy to offer support. I am new here, but determined. I have done it before and I liked being thin better than I like the way I am now. Best of luck.:happy:
  • LourdesitaMaria
    Options
    What if I go over my sugars eating fruits, but I still have a landslide of calories to eat for the day...that I should eat?
  • Spizdinkle
    Options
    Imvelez,
    You have to look at this as a life style change and you are on the right start by wanting to track what you are consuming. This is not a sprint, this is a marathon of health, so step back and take a deep breath. You have to understand that some people make big weight loss goals and fail just like you, but that is alright. I personally could never run a true marathon because I have not trained for it yet. So what I have to do is practice till I become more consistent and able to maintain my consistent pace.

Plan to make your meals to succeed. Don't rely on the new fad or gimmick to help you loose weight because they don't care about your health and usually don't last. Watching what you eat and how much you consume plus exercise is truly the only healthy way to succeed. Track EVERYTHING you consume, even if it has 0 calories, (Soda, sauces, salad dressings, butter and etc) for ONE month. Then start to make small changes, if you can make large changes, then that is alright too but becoming aware is the best start to the marathon of health.

Keep your head up and know your not alone.
  • Spizdinkle
    Options
    k
  • LourdesitaMaria
    Options
    Thank you for your encouragement and your advice. It means a lot. I'm in it for the long haul! :) I have been working to lose weight seriously since last March. It has been a slow process, because I have had to work on a lot of behavioral and mental changes that have led me to create better habits. I have come to realize that the reason all my other attempts to lose weight, since I was a teenager, have not worked was because I was focusing on just the idea of losing weight, but I was not truly targeting the actual problem: my relationship with food and the control issues with it that I've struggled with basically my whole adult life. So I can truly say that I have made some effective changes as far as measuring my food and being more conscious of the food I place into my mouth. I have realized that moving is what will make me healthier in the long term, and I have realized that I can't allow my emotions or feelings mandate my eating patterns. That's a lot of self discovery to make in a little less than a year....so I am on the way....just have to keep working on not allowing the scale and its numbers ruin my resolve week in and week out. Thank you again for all of your encouragement guys...it does mean more than I can express in words. Count on me...as I count on you... :flowerforyou: