Terrified to Weigh in.

Options
Inititally when I got back into the "MFP game", I decided to weigh myself three weeks into using it. Tomorrow will be 21 days.. UGH, but I don't want to. I know I should be back into the 130s- anticipating 138ish, however I think I might be crushed if I am not. I feel skinnier, but I know the number can motivate me to work even harder. My ultimate goal is 128. 5'5"

Replies

• PirateJohn
    Options
    Don't put too much stock into the number on the scale. It is what it is. What is most important is that you have changed your habits for the better and that you are treating your body well.

Besides, so many people get disheartened when they see a number they don't like on the scale, and never stop to wonder what it is they are weighing. If you are gaining muscle mass, you might weigh more, but that is a good thing. Are your clothes fitting more loosely? Do you feel better? More energetic? That is what's important.
  • Ellorente
    Options
    Don' t worry about the scale. The scale is your friend. The scale tells you and reminds you and guides you where you want to be in your fitness goals.
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    One of my goals is to list one NSV (non-scale victory) every week. This week, for example, my boots fit better. I don't have to squeeze the zipper to close them over my calves anymore. They fit perfectly! So even if my weight went up, I know I lost inches which is what matters.

Don't let the scale rule your journey. It's a number like any other. Yes, statistics tell us what we should weigh. However, they don't tell us the whole story. If the scale bothers you that much, start keeping body measurements in addition to scales. Then you'll have more than one thing to tell you what's happening. In the meantime, remember: you're more than a number on a scale.
    *hugs*