NSV and a big milestone

Options
Elizabeth_C34
Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
As of this morning, I am officially over halfway to my first goal of a healthy BMI weight (164 for my height). I cannot believe I'm here. I actually cried on the scale this morning, and I rarely cry. It's taken about a year and two relapses into bad habits to get me here, but I'm happy about it. I'm looking forward to the final 22 lbs!

As for my NSV, last night, I realized I could fit a towel around me, tuck it in, and it stayed up instead of bursting open.

To those of you just getting started, stick with it, even if you screw up a few times. It's okay. Just dust yourself off and keep on going!

Replies

• estjames
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss. The towel thing is actually something I am looking forward to as well.
  • AttyMomOf3
    AttyMomOf3 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the inspiration! I love success stories!!
  • jacsqueeze
    Options
    Wow! Congrats on being more than halfway there! I feel you about set backs and moving forward anyway. I long to be there at the end of the road when I can enter "maintain weight" in the goal portion of this program. As if my determination and stubbornness weren't enough so far in 2012, I was diagnosised w/ diabetes just this week. I went into an emotional tailspin as a result. I decided last year that I HAD to get healthier, lose weight, & live a different away in Dec 2011. I started Jan 2012 and so far I've lost over 10lbs in just this month alone. So, on top of that success, to find out I need to check my blood sugar twice a day was daunting. But I choose to find the silver lining and accept that changes I've already made are working and will continue to work, helping me lose weight AND maintain a healthy count. I was losing weight for a better life before--now I'm losing weight for my LIFE now. Stories like yours inspire. Can't wait to be 15 lbs down and then 20 lbs. One day at a time, one meal at a time, one snack at a time . . . .
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, and keep up the good work!

LOL, about the towel...that's one I've noticed too and it makes me smile every time I do it now!
  • iwmwe
    iwmwe Posts: 7
    Options
    Amazing!!!! What a great post. Good for you, and keep going. You are an inspiration :)
  • x_biggirl
    Options
    Congrats on NSV! Thanks for posting really enhances other motivation cannot wait till I reach my half-way point I bet it feels amazing:) Keep it up hun:)
  • shana_phoenix83
    shana_phoenix83 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You should be very proud!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!