Mrs Dash

Options
Has anyone ever tried the Mrs Dash Seasonings? if so what are your thoughts on them and your favorite flavors?

Replies

• marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    i just bought three of them yesterday! I realized my go to (emeril's original essence) that i use almost daily is loaded with sodium. makes me sad!

BUT I got the table blend, the onion & herb, and the original. Used the onion & herb last night on an eggplant dish I made - it was yummy! used the original this morning in my egg white scramble -- also yummy! :)
  • My favorite is the bbq flavor :) Personally, I think they're fantastic for seasoning anything.
  • breeanreyes
    breeanreyes Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the Extra Spicy one and the Southwest Chipotle (if you can't tell I enjoy spicy food :) )
  • Butterfly3730
    Options
    I love them all. I try to keep one of each!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    I bought The Keg's steak spice a while back for steak but started using it on BBQ grilled broccoli rather than just black pepper and it is delicious! Toss 300g of broccoli with 2 tsp of EVOO, spice and garlic powder and you have a delicious BBQ veggie for dinner!

Anyone else find it crazy that a designer spice like Mrs. Dash and Club House is like $4-6 a jar? That just seems odd to me considering you could buy a box of table salt for <$1 and similar prices apply to pepper, garlic powder and all other normal spices.
  • PuliGT
    PuliGT Posts: 10
    Options
    I'm a fan of the Lemon Pepper and the Garlic and Herb.
  • Vjb2525
    Vjb2525 Posts: 67
    Options
    My nutritionist told me to use them! I like them... I have the original and chicken flavors and I like both, but next shopping adventure I plan on getting another one!
  • jenhenning219
    jenhenning219 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    my friend told me to get them, she said if you stopped using salt that i would drop water weight quick, so i am going to give it a try
  • shelleycronan
    Options
    Mrs. Dash is all I use for seasoning food. I love them all!!! I wish there were more flavors!!
  • marycmeadows
    Options
    I LOVE the Extra Spicy one and the Southwest Chipotle (if you can't tell I enjoy spicy food :) )

I was wondering if I should try this one -- I'll get it next time I'm at the store (the extra spicy one that is) they didn't have the southwest chipotle but I'm gonna have to keep an eye out for that one!! YUM!!
  • marycmeadows
    Options
    I bought The Keg's steak spice a while back for steak but started using it on BBQ grilled broccoli rather than just black pepper and it is delicious! Toss 300g of broccoli with 2 tsp of EVOO, spice and garlic powder and you have a delicious BBQ veggie for dinner!

Anyone else find it crazy that a designer spice like Mrs. Dash and Club House is like $4-6 a jar? That just seems odd to me considering you could buy a box of table salt for <$1 and similar prices apply to pepper, garlic powder and all other normal spices.

I get the Mrs. Dash seasonings for $2.50-$2.79.... But yes, salt and some other spices are so cheap. I've started making my own taco seasoning for this reason!! :)