Protein

Options
2»

Replies

• QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
    Options
    as I type I'm drinking a shake here's what I put in it, it is a HIGH cal shake so it might take a ton of your daily allowance. I love Reeses and this tastes just like it. My goal is right now to gain muscle which explains high cal intakes.

2 scoops chocolate protein powder (52g protein)
    2 Tbsp peanut butter (7g protein)
    8oz 1% milk (8g protein)
    4oz water/ice

total 560 cal, 26g carb, 23g fat, 67g protein and taste really good if you like Reeses. If you want less Cal replace milk with water and 1 scoop powder 1 tbsp PB

I'd like to gain muscle also. Do you replace a meal with this, or is it in addition?
  • QueenJayJay
    Options

I do like beans, so I appreciate the reminder to add more of those, but I'll pass on protein powder because I want to learn to get my nutrition from my food.

Guilty. I should probably do the same.
  • Fat4Fuel2
    Fat4Fuel2 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    EGG WHITES! Sometimes... I like to add a bit of cinnamon and splenda to the egg whites while I fry it and its reminicent of French Toast mmmmmmm nom nom. You can also mix it in with anything basically. Omlets, tuna (cooked obvi), cheese, sushi, the list goes on.

Also, I actually mix protein powder into my oat meal as an every day snack. I do about 1/3 cup quick oats (100 cal) with half a scoop of chocolate whey protein powder (60 cal) with a bit of spenda, cinnamon, vanilla, or whatever spice I'm feeling that day. I like to pretend it's a cookie. (If you can't tell I have a sweet tooth)

Also, you can make a chocolate protein powder smoothy with some greek yogurt and PB2.
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,526 Member
    Options
    I have been on a fish and greek yogurt kick for the last few days, I mix tuna/ salmon or even tofu with 1/4 cup of greek yogurt, some salsa, and some banana peppers or peppercinis. It is really fantastic. i made it one time with a can of tuna as a last minute dinner and it had over 80 grams of protein and only 425 calories, so fish is a lean way to get more protein. I have been using greek yogurt as i would mayo, in tuna salad, edge salad, and deviled eggs, and it is delicious!

Gotta try this!! Sounds yummy.
  • QueenJayJay
    Options
    I'm making a grocery list. Thanks everyone!
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I mix vanilla flavored protein powder with my strawberry yogurt. If you close your eyes and wish really hard it starts to taste like strawberry cheesecake.
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    i use Body Fortress vanilla and add it to my Silk fruit n protein. Makes a yummy smoothie. If I have it on hand, I will also add some spinach and blueberries (the silk flavor is usually strawberry banana that I use)
  • Kksd605
    Kksd605 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    If you like cottage cheese, it is high in protein (14g per 4 oz) and low cal and low carb. I like it with fruit (especially peaches).
  • breeanreyes
    breeanreyes Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Also look for high protein breads and pastas.. usually multigrain bread will have around 5g per slice and Barilla Plus pasta has 10g per serving and is DELICIOUS!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    I mix vanilla flavored protein powder with my strawberry yogurt. If you close your eyes and wish really hard it starts to taste like strawberry cheesecake.

If you want high-protein low-cal strawberry cheese cake then make a smoothie! Here's a photo of mine, it's cottage cheese, frozen strawberries, milk and sweetener and delicious even for a cheese-hater like me!

My exact recipe is;
    1 cup strawberries, slices
    0.5 tsp vanilla extract
    ½ cup non-fat low-sodium cottage cheese (Nordica brand)
    1.2 cup 1% milk
    2 packets of 0-cal sweetener
    Serves 1, 3 WW Points, 204 cals, 342mg sodium, 1g fat, 30g carbs, 20g protein, 6g fiber.

Picture514.jpg
  • QueenJayJay
    Options

If you want high-protein low-cal strawberry cheese cake then make a smoothie! Here's a photo of mine, it's 0% cottage cheese, frozen strawberries, milk and sweetener, about 3 packets, delicious!

Picture514.jpg

This looks BETTER than cheesecake!!!
  • frugalmomsrock
    Options
    Oatmeal+chocolate protein powder=YUM!

Greek yogurt+chocolate protein powder=YUM!

I have chocolate at home. I am definitely doing this!

If you like peanut butter, add a TBSP of that with the oatmeal and chocolate protein powder. Tastes like a cookie! :)
  • Mandi1345
    Options
    Try protein shots for $2.99 you will get 39 to 43 grams of protein in every shot, They are in the diet isle in grocery stores, and on the lentil suggestion just make them like chili’s with out the meat part. I like it better then the beans.
  • QueenJayJay
    Options
    If you like cottage cheese, it is high in protein (14g per 4 oz) and low cal and low carb. I like it with fruit (especially peaches).

I did not know that. Thanks :flowerforyou:
  • carrieann1967
    carrieann1967 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I don't eat much meat these days and I totally dislike fish. EGGS and QUORN keep my protein topped up. But I do like, nuts, seeds and beans too.
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Have you tried lentils? Beluga Lentils are SUPER high in protein. I get mine from Trader Joe's.

Honestly, never! How are they taste-wise?

LOL, like lentils. IDK, I guess somewhat like a split pea but nuttier?!
  • 100pr00f
    100pr00f Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    A good Protein Shake will do the trick.. I Drink the shake for my post workout -
    good quality protean can be found here http://www.atlargenutrition.com/products/
    'for me its the best
    they are out of chocolate nitrean (protein Powder)

My shake - (im on a low cal diet)

1 scoop Chocolate Nittrean - Protean powder
    1/2 scoop Chocolate Opticen - Meal replacement
    teaspoon peanut butter
    1 1/4 cup of water
    11 ice cubes ( depends on size of cube) water line should touch near the top cup (for magic bullet)
    magic bullet blender - haha

Calories 216 - Carbs 13g - Fat 5g - Protein 31g

that is half the normal amount of protean needed for a person weighing 150lbs (200 lbs needs 175g of protein)

if your eating less then that amount of protean you are loosing muscle as you body starts breaking the muscle mass down as it doesn't have protein to break down
  • Ninatoots
    Ninatoots Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    This morning I had Whey protein powder with 3/4 cup frozen strawberries , nonfat plain yogurt 1/2 cup, & 1/2 cup 1% organic milk.