Date Night...Terrified!

Options
So Friday night i have a date with a guy i went to college with and havent seen in a while. Im pretty darn excited except for the dinner part. He mentioned that hes a really good cook so i dont know if he is going to cook for me or if we are going to go out to a resturant. I dont wanna be one of those girls that "oh im trying to lose weight" and be picking at my food and making it akward. I thought about eating before i went but i dunno. what would you do?

Replies

• beckie4442
    Options
    Maybe tell him you're eating healthy at the mo and if he could try and fit in around that..... If he doesn't understand then there's no real point in seeing him! :happy: :flowerforyou:
  • ncrissey460
    ncrissey460 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    ive honestly just been hitting the gym hard this week and trying to stay under my calories so that if he cooks something i would be okay. Resturants i can order pretty healthy so thats not as scary as him actually cooking. lol. Ill be hitting the gym before i go so that my body will be burning afterwards. I just get so nervous putting bad food in my body anymore. Its so crazy lol
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Make it your "cheat day", and if he cooks, just have small portions. If you go out, order a salad. You might consider telling him you are on a special diet and asking what restaurant he wants to go to so you can look at the menu or call ahead of time and decide what you will eat. You don't have to say you are trying to lose weight, you might say you are on a low sodium diet or something like that .
  • fetchfury
    fetchfury Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    oh my gosh, don't worry about one cheat night! it'll prob just give your metabolism a boost!
  • shvits
    shvits Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Eat a BIG salad at dinner (dressing on the side). order something that is baked or broiled, either chicken or fish. Too full for anything else. You will be fine. Remember this is a forever eating change for you and you want to go out!
    Enjoy!
  • josery1630
    josery1630 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Enjoy it as a cheat night guilt free. One day won't hurt, and you may find you don't have anything to worry about. Have a great time! :happy:
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Its life, enjoy yourself, eat whatever in moderation..
  • onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    My only advice would be take plenty of Pepto before the date so you don't end up having to go poo while you're on the date.
  • Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    It's only for one night.. You'll be fine.
  • CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    If hes a good cook he will probably have a vegitable of some sort. If his main is is kind of unhealthy, stock up on the vegitable and go less on the unheathier parts!
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    So Friday night i have a date with a guy i went to college with and havent seen in a while. Im pretty darn excited except for the dinner part. He mentioned that hes a really good cook so i dont know if he is going to cook for me or if we are going to go out to a resturant. I dont wanna be one of those girls that "oh im trying to lose weight" and be picking at my food and making it akward. I thought about eating before i went but i dunno. what would you do?

I would enjoy my date. Pick something reasonable and enjoy it, or pick whatever you want and enjoy it. You can exercise more before you go or after if you are that worried about it, but one meal isn't the end of the world.
  • lovecellomusic
    Options
    If you are holding a good conversation he won't be paying attention to how much you eat. Just be yourself.
  • CraftyJenguin
    CraftyJenguin Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    If he wants to cook for you, that's awesome! I would just try to make sure I had a healthy breakfast, a light lunch, and maybe some sort of snack while you get ready. That way you will have calories to spare and you won't be STARVING by the time you do get to eat. Most of all, enjoy yourself!
  • Rayjewls
    Rayjewls Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    This sounds very exciting...just work out hard before and during the date explain then what you are doing. I'm sure he will
    understand...you will learn allot about him with his reaction. Relax and enjoy the date...worry abbot the calories the next day.
  • PeaceLoveVeggies
    PeaceLoveVeggies Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Make it your "cheat day"

This!
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Exercise your *kitten* off beforehand and burn 1000 calories or more so you don't have to feel like not eating. This is what I do when I am invited somewhere where I know I can't totally control the calories. I will be doing this on Valentines Day, my Birthday, our Anniversary, etc. Works well. Just make good choices if you do go out somewhere!
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    If he cooks for you, eat it. If you go out, you can try to make some good choices.:bigsmile:
  • b417adriana
    b417adriana Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I say enjoy the evening!!! If you worry too much about what dinner will be you might get distracted from the actual "date". If he makes food and its high cal, then hit the gym harder the next day. Plus if you've been busting your butt all week, its a nice reward for you! Have fun girl!!!
  • grag79
    grag79 Posts: 70 Member
    Options

I would go enjoy your night and dont be worrying so much about calories.You will prob be too nervous to eat much anyway and even if not im sure you wont want to stuff your face like a crazy woman on front of him.You can maybe do some extra exercise tomorrow and work it off.You never know you might find another way of working it off.Ah hmm am like dancing ;) xgx
  • BreakingUpWithObesity2013
    Options
    If things work out between you two then he'll have to know eventually =) I personally think that when you tell someone your eating healthy and stick to it...you gain some respect. I wouldnt tell him "im trying to lose weight" I'd simply say that ur eating healthy. And good luck with your date!