Canadian looking for motivational pals! :)

Options
Probably should have done this from the start, but I wanted to start as soon as I signed up! :laugh:

Hey there!

My name is Jimmy, and I hail from the Great White North! I used to do a lot of parkouring with friends when I was younger but when I got into University, my studies (stress) kind of took the best of me (becoming a hardcore gamer didn't help either). Once I started working desk jobs, I ended racking up enough weight to now be considered "Obese". Need to turn back time and become fit again! I want to change!

I'll take Ballet lessons if I have to! :tongue:

I just started losing weight earlier this month, and wouldn't mind having some reinforcement from fellow MFPers! :bigsmile:

Replies

• Avadavat
    Avadavat Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey! Near Hamilton. :) Happy to support!
  • Geekychickz
    Geekychickz Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Definitely not in Canada, but maybe if we elect the wrong President I"ll move up there and keep you company. ;) Mid-west of the US here. Welcome to MFP! Are you following any specific diet or exercise plan?
  • Drethis
    Options
    Definitely not in Canada, but maybe if we elect the wrong President I"ll move up there and keep you company. ;) Mid-west of the US here. Welcome to MFP! Are you following any specific diet or exercise plan?

Yup, following a LCHF diet and hitting the gym 5 days a week with my cousin. Haven't been fully adding in my exercises though since the database for Strength doesn't seem to be robust.
  • ZombiJeeziz
    ZombiJeeziz Posts: 27 Member
    Options

Yup, following a LCHF diet and hitting the gym 5 days a week with my cousin. Haven't been fully adding in my exercises though since the database for Strength doesn't seem to be robust.

Yeah, don't bother with adding any strength training exercises in detail here, unless you just want to keep a record for yourself. The don't have an impact on your daily goals you set here in MFP. You can however, choose strength training under cardio and reap the calorie benefits there. To be accurate, I ususally take the total time I'm training and subtract 1/4 of the time (rest in between sets). For example, if I'm training for an hour, I will enter 45 minutes of strength training under the cardio section.

Welcome to the site my fellow Canuck! Good luck with your journey. Feel free to add me!
  • marnistill
    Options
    Hey! From Manitoba and I definitely hear you on the damage university stress can cause on your weight!
    Anyways I'm looking for friends too so add me if you like :)
  • Drethis
    Options
    Thanks guys, I appreciate the support! And don't think I won't dish it either! :)

Also, I think I'll start following your advice, ZombieJeeziz, and start adding it into cardio! Thank you for the tip! :D
  • a1wonder
    a1wonder Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm a Winnipeger and feel your pain! I started gaining weight as soon as I finished university, starting a desk job with the civic government might have been nice for the wallet but the waist line suffered.

What games are you into? My hubby is being into COD and Starcraft, and I'm still enjoing skyrim (which I have to limit hardcore since I'm back in school taking night classes).

I'm sure you'll find the support you need here, I've found everyone to be very helpful and a great bunch ppl
  • suzshust
    suzshust Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey fellow Canadian...I'm happy to be a support person for you :)
  • NewJackie
    Options
    Hi There, my name is Jackie and im happy to support, chat to anyone, share highs share lows, just friend me plz, id love that and already looking forward to hearing from you xx