Egg McYummy

Options
This is our new favorite breakfast on the go or an hour before the gym for the protein boost. It's my healthy alternative to the egg McMuffin and SOOOOOO much better. Seriously, try this. You will love it.

1 English Muffin Toasted
2 Egg Whites Baked
1/2 Slice American Cheese
1 Slice GV 97% Fat Free Sliced Ham
Diced Green Onion, Mushroom, Jalapenos, Etc to Taste

Make multiples by baking the two egg whites in muffin tins or for the perfect size, recycled tuna cans. Spray with Pam and add salt & pepper, green onion, jalapenos, mushrooms, peppers etc. to taste to each and bake at 350 for 15 to 20 minutes. Pop out of muffin tin and layer on toasted muffin with 1/2 slice cheese & one slice of Fat Free Ham. Wrap individually and eat for the week! VERY YUMMY~

Only Calories 200, Carbs 25, Fat 4gm, and a whopping 15gm of Protein

Replies

• Hoswife
    Hoswife Posts: 24
    Options
    How do you wrap them and heat them during the week? Do they get soggy if made ahead of time for the week?
  • qkidney
    qkidney Posts: 258
    Options
    Bump!
  • phy40
    phy40 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy! Thanks for the recipe.
  • blessmy5
    Options
    I just wrap them in saran wrap, but you could use foil. Unwrap and pop in the microwave until warm. I toast the muffins before I wrap them up so they don't get soggy, just not as crunchy, if that makes sense. The green onions make a huge difference, but it only takes a few on each.
  • kacollins1970
    kacollins1970 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    bump
  • danicamper
    Options
    Why do people write "bump"? Sorry new to the site! Is there a way to save what I'm reading? I want to try this recipe but I'm not sure how to find it again.
    -D
  • Hoswife
    Options
    Thank you. They sound delish and will give a try. :)

And no clue on the "bump" thing either, sorry.
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    BUMP = Bring Up My Post which brings the item to the top of the topics list, or it allows people to add it to their recent topics so they can easily find it again.

These sound yum - love all that protein.
  • Hoswife
    Options
    Ahhhh. Thanks!!!
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I LOVE making english muffin sammies!! I cannot wait to try your egg idea!! This totally blows my mind!! WOW! Did I mention I liked your idea?? You should post this idea on pinterest too!!