Peanut Butter Chocolate Brownies

Options

Replies

• BeckyS32
    BeckyS32 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I have made cupcakes using just a can of pumpkin and a spice mix and it was pretty good. i will definately be giving these a try!!
    Thanks!
  • ipeloquin400
    ipeloquin400 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kent4j
    kent4j Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • vsharkey
    vsharkey Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Bump!
    I love the "muffins" made with chocolate cake mix and pumpkin, and these sound amazing. I am a chocolate/peanut butter FIEND.
  • Lozzy_82
    Lozzy_82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    These sound great!
  • karaemoore
    karaemoore Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Bump!!
  • cj2lose
    cj2lose Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I love peanut butter. Thanks!!
  • CathVan
    CathVan Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Yum... sounds great! Thanks for sharing!
  • Stefanie7125
    Stefanie7125 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kacollins1970
    kacollins1970 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    bump
  • emmasmum07
    emmasmum07 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kimhurt
    kimhurt Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • heather_9931
    Options
    bump
  • lovep90x
    lovep90x Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Bump :)
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    I tried this last night and .... it was interesting. I used a moist Devil's food cake mix and libby pumpkin, as called for. Didn't have creamy peanut butter so tried it with chunky and almond milk (since that's what I had in the house).

The pros:
    *Super moist texture
    *Although it was different than expected, we kept eating it. (Wait, maybe that's a con?) :wink:

The cons:
    *This is cake! My other half called me out on calling them brownies. "There's no brownie to this. It's cake." My friend who was here shook her head in agreement.
    *My peanut butter topping failed. I used chunky peanut butter (it was all I had) and it didn't thin out to a consistency that I could "swirl". The more milk I added, the gummier the peanut butter got. Essentially I ended up with crumbly chunks of peanut butter on top of a pumpkin chocolate cake.
    *Weird sensory experience. It smelled like pumpkin and tasted mildly like chocolate.

To be fair, I'm new to healthi-fying recipes and obviously prefer the straight up junk. But in the future I'll pass on the chocolate pumpkin cake with peanut butter droppings.... ahem... topping. :laugh:
  • alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I am going to try this but I will melt the peanut butter in the microwave and drizzle it on instead. Do you see any problem with that?
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    I am going to try this but I will melt the peanut butter in the microwave and drizzle it on instead. Do you see any problem with that?

I wish I had tried it that way - it was an afterthought - "Oh, that might've worked better". There was no way I could've swirled what was going on! lol Good luck!

PS - I just pulled a piece out of the fridge and tried it. Honestly, it's not bad - just not what I'm used to. Other than the peanut butter problem, the pitfall is a labeling one. When I hear "peanut butter chocolate brownie", I think rich, dense, gooey goodness. Instead this has a very subtle chocolate flavor. I found myself wanting to eat more of it than one piece to be satisfied. I can promise, eating more of it to get a true chocolate fix wont work. You might want to try adding extra cocoa powder. If you can get your head around it being "chocolatey pumpkin cake" you're probably good to go.
  • blondie6688
    Options
    How about using that PB2 instead of real peanut butter??? I\ve been reading about it... that it's 85% less fat/calories??

Thanks for posting this!!
  • alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    Options

I wish I had tried it that way - it was an afterthought - "Oh, that might've worked better". There was no way I could've swirled what was going on! lol Good luck!

PS - I just pulled a piece out of the fridge and tried it. Honestly, it's not bad - just not what I'm used to. Other than the peanut butter problem, the pitfall is a labeling one. When I hear "peanut butter chocolate brownie", I think rich, dense, gooey goodness. Instead this has a very subtle chocolate flavor. I found myself wanting to eat more of it than one piece to be satisfied. I can promise, eating more of it to get a true chocolate fix wont work. You might want to try adding extra cocoa powder. If you can get your head around it being "chocolatey pumpkin cake" you're probably good to go.

LOL lucky for me "chocolately pumpkin cake" sounds equally good as chocolate brownies............. However when you do call it "chocolately pumpkin cake" the peanut butter doesn't sound as good as it does on chocolate brownies.