Starting to work these pounds out,HOW CAN I STOP TO BE HUNGR

Need some help,Everytime I want to start a diet I feel very hungry and sometimes I eat more of the usual:sad: ,anyone can give me some tips to stop this feeling to start to be on track?
Thanks!:smile:

Replies

• MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    I know how you feel. I'm a person that eats portions way bigger than I should. Well, used to. I can tell you what has helped me. I eat about six times a day, instead of eating alot in one sitting. I eat about every 2.5 - 3 hours, and I try to make healthy choices. I also try to eat food that sticks with me. For instance, I can't eat cereal because I find that if I follow the actual serving size and calorie restraints, I'm hungry less than a hour later. So instead, I eat Ezekial bread toasted with peanut butter. Holds me over a lot longer and is less calories. Also, I drink a lot of water and tea with meals and in between. With the calorie counter, I try to figure out my whole days worth of meals/snacks so that I am able to eat frequently to avoid hunger. Hope this helps.
  • robinrkirkland
    robinrkirkland Posts: 26 Member
    The hunger will go away after a while. I suggest keeping a lot of apples around for the first week or 2. Each time you get hungry eat an apple. Drink plenty of water and try some tea.
  • hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    As a man you should be eating more than 1200 calories. I eat more than you. I'm 5'2, healthy weight woman and eat 1800 to lose 1 lb per week.

I don't men should be venturing below 1500 calories. Most men, I know, who are physically active and trying to lose weight eat at 1800 and above.

So in conclusion.....EAT more food:flowerforyou:
  • benjamin171
    benjamin171 Posts: 7 Member
    Eat slowly, really slowly at every meal. Taste every bite. Savor it. Chew it a lot. And drink a lot of water.
  • This may sound really weird. But I love my hunger pains. Before I lost weight, I never had hunger pains because I ate all the time. Now it's cool to feel them. Ok, I know WEIRDO! :ohwell:
  • dfborders
    dfborders Posts: 474 Member
    One thing that really helped me was to decide I wasn't doing a diet any longer but just trying to eat healthier in general. This way I didn't sabotage myself. I also allow myself those guilty little pleasures from time to time but in moderation. I am trying to lose weight and stick with it - I didn't get this way by eating only fruits and veggies - to try to make myself eat only that now makes me feel deprived. Start small and work towards your goals. I eat three times per day but have at least three snacks (if not more - depending on hunger). My snacks are usually fruits and/or veggies. I also keep salad in the fridge so if I am really hungry when I eat dinner - I have a huge bowl of salad with only 1 Tbsp. of dressing (low-fat) - I find I don't need 2 Tbsp and that saves a lot of calories and fills me up. I also drink at least 8-10 glasses of water a day and usually try to go over my protein set by MFP. Good Luck!!:flowerforyou:
  • ianblackburn
    ianblackburn Posts: 26 Member
    For me it's about eating the right type of food, drinking lots of water, and exercise.

For example if I eat sweet/sugary food it makes me want more after the initial hit, but having high fibre & healthy food and drinking cold water from a flask when I feel hungry I have lost over 40lbs in 4 months. I think this is related to the GI and how food is digested and affects blood sugar levels.

The other massive change for me has been exercise - I have a cross-trainer machine that I can get on straight out of bed in the morning. Burning 500 calories on that first thing definately lowers my desire for a big breakfast! It has taken me years to find an exercise I can do regularly (I even spent thousands on an 'endless pool' to exercise in, but couldn't keep motivated) - gym as never worked either. But this machine, and more recently walking much more (e.g. instead of using the Tube in London, or going to the local shop), and cycling with my daughter (who loves this!) has really made an impact.

So I would say - make sure you eat the right sort of food, drink lots of cold water, and plenty of exercise. Sounds like a cliche, and it is, but it's just finding the pattern that works for you and your lifestyle. I hope I have found a lasting pattern for me now - time will tell, but I am optimistic. I still have another 40lbs I want to lose though!

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Ian
  • minadee
    minadee Posts: 44 Member
    As a man you should be eating more than 1200 calories. I eat more than you. I'm 5'2, healthy weight woman and eat 1800 to lose 1 lb per week.

I don't men should be venturing below 1500 calories. Most men, I know, who are physically active and trying to lose weight eat at 1800 and above.

So in conclusion.....EAT more food:flowerforyou:

^^Agree.