Halloween Binge.....Help!!!

Options
I have two small children who are all geared up for Halloween. Every year, they make quite a haul and feel they need to be generous with me. They know that I am a sucker for Tootsie Rolls so they always give me ALL of theirs, and everyone around here loves to give out Tootsie Rolls. Any advice on how to avoid ruining my hard work by having no Halloween will power without hurting my little one's feelings?

Replies

• chrissi
    chrissi Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have two small children who are all geared up for Halloween. Every year, they make quite a haul and feel they need to be generous with me. They know that I am a sucker for Tootsie Rolls so they always give me ALL of theirs, and everyone around here loves to give out Tootsie Rolls. Any advice on how to avoid ruining my hard work by having no Halloween will power without hurting my little one's feelings?
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I would have a talk with your small ones, explaining on their level that a tootsie roll is a "sometimes food" (I'm quoting cookie monster's new song, where he calls a cookie a "sometimes" food.)

I think this a lot...I don't think any foods are "good" or "bad"...just some are OK every day and some aren't.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    http://pbskids.org/sesame/songs/hhs_songpage_ciasf.html

here's a link to the song and the lyrics...in case you're interested.

warning...it will be stuck in your head for days!
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    That is a cool idea viviakay!