Date Night with hubby, need suggestions!!

Options
So tomorrow is date night with hubby :heart: :heart: , and we will be going to a steak house for dinner. I know what sides to get, steamed veggies, avoid, butter, etc. but what is the best option for a protein? I've been eating fish the last two days, and felt great! But I could use a steak LOL...but don't want to over kill my calories or fat either! Suggestions on what to eat? I could eat fish also, not a big deal!

Replies

• michelby09
    michelby09 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You could totally get a lean piece of steak (filet, sirloin, etc.) and be fine. Just don't get the 10 oz one and maybe get a salad to fill up on beforehand. Have fun!
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Order a smallish steak and tell them to grill it without butter or salt. It should still taste great and you will avoid the worst offending pieces of the meal.
  • emmyvera
    emmyvera Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I usually get the filet and that gives me an excuse to get one. :laugh:
    Another suggestion is to get a little bigger one and then only eat half. I like to take home half of a steak and then cut up the leftovers and put them in an omelet the next day or two later. OMG! It's so delicious!
  • magnum6
    magnum6 Posts: 18
    Options
    I concur with the other two comments - go for a lean steak. The filet is often a good choice as the portion is generally very controlled due to cost. So, you'll usually see a 6oz or 8oz filet option.

My wife and I have date night on Thursdays - always a challenge when trying to lose weight. My biggest advice - don't go to a restaurant when you are already starving. It's harder to maintain self control when you are out on the town having fun and see all those great options on the menu. So, have a healthy snack right before you go to take the hunger edge off. Another thing that really works well for me is to look at the menu online before going to the restaurant. I make my menu decision before I even get there and don't give myself the option to be tempted by the menu. Works well for me personally.