Wall posts "under calorie goal"

Options
Which leads me to another question.
If we are not to go under calorie goals.....is this NOT a good thing when folks get posted "under calorie goal" at the end of their day?

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,119 Member
    Options
    Some days I get really close. . . like within 10 calories. But I'm still under. It isn't a big deal if you're within a 100-200 range - there is that much error inherent in the system of logging food and exercise. This is about a trend - a pattern of behavior.

You don't have to comment on people's status. :huh:
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    One of my friends suggested that the end of the day post be "was within 50 calories of goal."
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    It isn't a big deal if you're within a 100-200 range - there is that much error inherent in the system of logging food and exercise.

This! As long as you aren't getting the starvation warning at the end of the day, every day, you're doing well. Or even if you do get it often, try to make sure it's close. Being 100 under won't ruin you, but more than that, on a consistent basis, can hinder your efforts.
  • chellemitchell
    Options
    ive only been on here 2 days bth days ive been under my calorie goal wich im guessing is not gud how on earth can u eat the calories ur supposed but b healthy at the same time im not a big eatter i dont ave snacks just drink alot of tea lol i eat 3 meals a day but thats it how can i eat my goal without eattin unhealthy or mkein myself sick im new 2 all this feel free 2 add me as a friend and we can all try and help each other xxx
  • stephevers1227
    stephevers1227 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    It isn't a big deal if you're within a 100-200 range - there is that much error inherent in the system of logging food and exercise.

This! As long as you aren't getting the starvation warning at the end of the day, every day, you're doing well. Or even if you do get it often, try to make sure it's close. Being 100 under won't ruin you, but more than that, on a consistent basis, can hinder your efforts.

There is a starvation warning?? Well, I've never gotten that. Weird.
  • chellemitchell
    Options
    wish i was just 100 or 200 under yesterday i was just over 700 under and 2day im under by just over 800 i keep gettin the starvation warning but im just not hungery alot
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

There is a starvation warning?? Well, I've never gotten that. Weird.

If you net under 1200 it appears at the bottom of your screen. It's how I knew (without the boards) that I needed to eat more when I joined. Honestly I was kind of offended when I started seeing it. lol It's a good thing I paid attention though.
  • stephevers1227
    stephevers1227 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Weird I'll have to look for that because I've definitely had days that I was under, just not a trend. Those of you that are consistently going under, think about having a protein drink or something throughout the day just to give yourself decent calories.