Hello newbie here

Options
Well hello. I am 36 year old woman with 3 children (11,5,7Months). Happily married for 17 years. I have always been heavy even as a kid but i have continued to gain weight as i get older. Yes i have lost weight before and gained it back over time. Last month i hit all time record high of 247 after being 235 for years. My health is starting to be affected. I have PCOS, Hypothroidism, and Pre diabetic, and high blood pressure. I look in the mirror and am disgusted with my body. SO........ I've decided to start over. I started to eat whole foods(i live in the south home of the gravy and biscuit) and excercising. I HATE EXCERCISING. It's a neccessary evil I guess . So any support u can give would be greatfully appreciated.

Replies

• hauer01
    hauer01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Welcome Den75:

I too am new here. I have been logging in for about 2 weeks. I am amazed some of the small changes that I have made in my life. As you start to log everything you eat and drink and all of the activity that you are doing, you will start to see some patterns. I have found that little tweeks in my day can make a big difference. To date, I haven't denied myself any foods, I just have to make smart decision. An example would be, I really want to have a slice of that Pizza but I already took in too many calories today to allow that. Either I am committed to working off some of those calories to allow me the Pizza, or I will just have to wait another day for that glorious, cheezy treat. I know it sounds dumb, but in two weeks I have lost 6 pounds and I dont' feel that I have sacraficed anything. I hope that this becomes a great experience for you and that you are able to improve your health for you and your family. Good luck!
  • bobbi_jo2
    bobbi_jo2 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Hello to the both of you. I was just told about this site a few days ago, but I'm already hooked and love it. I am 23 years old and I have a 9 month old. I have a degree in exercise science, and I love being active. I have always played sports and been a very active person, but somehow I have still always had a weight problem. I'm sure it's due to my addiction to chocolate and pastries. But after feeling disgusted with myself for long enough, I've decided it was about time to change. So here I am changing my life for the better. I only made the change about 2 weeks ago, but already I feel SO MUCH better.

With a growing obesity problem in this country, I really admire those that are making an effort to get themselves healthy. Way to go guys!! Wish everyone the best of luck!
  • kristconrath
    Options
    Hi Den75!

There's alot of new members here, as well as old, who share in your struggles. I have been logging in 7 days...a accomplishment for me. I find that making some friends on MFP will help, so far I have one friend (sure would like more) and she sends me support every day.
    Whether you're from the North or South, the struggle is the same...we all need support and guidance and if you look, you'll find it here! Good luck, and feel free to add me as a friend if you so choose. I'd love to lose with you :)
  • lisamvan
    Options
    Hi everyone....I am a 44 yr old mother of 2. I just started using this site 3 days ago, and I'm already amazed at how many calories certain foods have. I started working out almost 3 weeks ago, and I feel better already....I get discouraged at the scales when I feel I have lost weight, but have not....I'm the kind of person who wants results, yesterday...lol but I'm learning, I didn't get in this shape over night, so I wont get in the shape I want to be over night either, it takes time and patients....Encouragement is always welcome, feel free to add me if you like....Good luck in your endeavors.... =)
  • KelliHarrison
    Options
    Hello there - i'm fairly new here too (6 weeks).
    I'm on a dr assisted diet program that is 12 weeks long and i'm almost 1/2 way through.
    Initially my incentive was a vacation to the caribbean we are going on in 2 weeks. - now its to continue a healthy lifestyle, while learning how to shop more healthy and exercise more often (and hopefully like it :-)).

I too live in the south very fried and fatty foods seem to be commonplace...

I enjoy getting on here and reading what everyone has to say and the support that people give one another!

Thanks in advance for everything.