Eating Out?

Options
Where do you go and what do you get? I got a sub from Jimmy Johns yesterday and it was 500+ calories. So, for dinner I ate a cup of broccoli and a 1/4 cup of whole wheat spaghetti. I take my lunch mostly but, some days I want to go out with friends and coworkers!

Replies

• Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    I just went to Panera, I am lucky, all their nutritional information is listed beside each menu item.

When I am going out to eat I do the research before I go and input what I am going to eat into MFP, that way I know how many calories I get to spend or save the rest of the day.
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I almost always get a salad with grilled chicken if I go out to dinner.
  • Brianne61292
    Brianne61292 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Before I go to any restaurant I always google the nutritional information of the items on the menu, so I can decide before I go.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Before I go to any restaurant I always google the nutritional information of the items on the menu, so I can decide before I go.

This is exactly what I do too.

For those who get salads, do not forget that the dressings can sometimes have a couple of hundred calories in them. I always ask to get it on the side and use just enough to get the taste on with out making it salad soup.
  • TONYAGOOCH
    TONYAGOOCH Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I agree. Google the NI before you go if you can. We eat out A LOT! lol I find that Jason's Deli has some really good selections as well as McCallister's Deli and Subway. You have to really watch the sandwich places. They were ordering pizza up here at work from Domino's Pizza and so I looked up their menu to see if they maybe had some sandwiches. They did. 800 dang calories EACH. Holy Crap! And Firehouse Subs is aweful and Quiznos isn't great on caloies but better than some. You basically have to do your homework before you go. Don't be scared to eat out. Just try and make the best choices you can. Baked not fried, steamed and nothing with a cream sauce. I mean you can eat that stuff just in moderation and just be accountable for it. It's not gonna kill you to splurge on occassion. If you restrict yourself a lot you will fail. If you want something....eat it. Just not as much as you would normally. :)