Ugh, I really need help!

Options
Alexstrasza
Alexstrasza Posts: 619 Member
I am on a diet. Hubby is not.

I need foods that are diet friendly but also still delicious enough for a picky husband. He will, for the most part, not go without meat in a dish. Every so often he'll do a vegetarian dish, but it's very rare.

What are some things I can make that would be good for both of us? I also have a toddler but he'll try most anything.

Give me what cha got! I'm a good cook so I think I can handle it.

Replies

• AutumnMariex3
    Options
    We eat a lot of chicken. I like fish and SO does not so I make it on nights he will be home later for work and make him chicken or something when he gets home. But that's about it, and it gets extremely boring. I like going through SparkPeople Recipes. They have a lot of good ideas with anything you can search by meal or by an ingredient and that might help you get some ideas as well :)
  • nixirain
    nixirain Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Try skinnytaste.com. My BF has loved all the recipes I have made from here. He is shocked when I tell him they are low cal!
  • Melange77
    Melange77 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My husband is very picky and also a major meat eater. The cookbook I've had the most success with is Borders at Home: Family Meals. They're all very diet friendly & picky meat eater friendly. They're Better Homes & Gardens recipes redone for Borders so if you can't find the Borders at Home one just look for a BHG family cookbook.
  • bellajezzie
    Options
    I use skinnytaste.com as well as many weight watcher recipes
  • Gosser
    Gosser Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I do my vegetarian dish and add meat on the side for my partner and his son. This works well for us.
  • ShannaKayB
    ShannaKayB Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    How about substituting ground turkey for ground beef? I do that a lot for spaghetti, tacos, sloppy joes, chilli etc... so that my husband and kids will be happy and I can cut back the cals. Also, skinnytaste.com, as others have recommended, has great recipes. Good luck!
  • bhalter
    bhalter Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I agree - my fiance is very picky and he loves everything I've made so far from Skinnytaste.

I also haven't bought ground beef in a lot time and now substitute ground turkey (that I season) for any recipe that calls for ground beef. With enough seasoning, he hasn't even noticed a difference, lol.