How u got over the 1st BUMP?!

Options
xYumzx
xYumzx Posts: 953 Member
I know weight loss is a struggle for everyone. And if its not well I want some of what you have please. Im having the hardest time getting over that 1st bump, you know the one that where after your over it everything isnt easy it just flows better, routines become normal, and the cravings arent sooo bad..... I just wanted to see if any of you would like to share your story.

Replies

• Cfkearney
    Cfkearney Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I have been on my weight loss journey since April 2011. From April to August I lost 3 pounds. Just 3 pounds. My weight was all over the place. I'd lose 5 gain 6 lose 2 gain 1 it was horrible! In August we started the new competition and I started out good but then I hit that plateau and instead of going down again I started creeping back up. From August to November I lost 5 pounds. So a total of 8 pounds in a 7 month period. It was a loss but I should have been doing better. I was carrying enough weight to drop more. I started MFP in the beginning of November and I have lost 12 pounds. I have lost more in the last 3 months then I did in that first 7. I know it sounds cheesy because everyone here says it but it's honest. Logging my food consistently (even if I missed some days) and logging my exercise helped me see what I needed to be eating. Seeing how much exercise I had to do to work off that piece of cake helped me crave cake less. Well, say no to it better anyway. It's kinda like when your a kid and you start earning your own money you appreciate how much things cost more. My calorie intake is like my bank account and if I want to over draw it I'd better be willing to do extra work to cover it or accept the consequences. When I did that I saw results. When I saw results I wanted my goal even more and the snacks got easier to resist. Everyone has different things that motivate them. For me I needed several. I have a couple different competitions going on, MFP, coworkers, my kids, my instructor. This way if one mode of motivation fails me I have others to draw on. The longer I go the more I am able to keep myself internally motivated. Hang in there. You can do this!
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    I found what kept me in line...Was preplanning EVERYTHING...from my workouts to my meal plans...(including cooking them in advance)....Leaving no room for error such as saying I dont have nothing on hand to eat... Took me a while to think that "Hmm I need to plan my stuff"...It works...then pretty soon you get use cooking ahead of time or planning the workout you are going to do for the next day!! Be patient with yourself...It doesn't just happen...you got to find what will work...Once you find it...the journey will flow...Hope this helps...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!