bouncing scale

Options
hi everyone. i see so much variation in my scale day to day, it's scary. ok, it's not insane variation, but if i skip the gym after a week of going every day, i'm up a pound to a pound and a half, even if i'm within my calorie goals. is this normal? is it water? does anyone else have daily fluctuations and gains?

Replies

• Floridaboiler
    Floridaboiler Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I think the whole bouncing scale thing is why it is recommended that you only weigh yourself once a week. Everyday there are things going that could have a small influence on your weight. As long as you stick to your exercise and controlling your eating you will see the weight loss in the long term.

Good Luck!
  • melindenmark
    melindenmark Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    from what i understand this is normal and thats why most ppl on here suggest at you weigh in just once a week, same day same time. For me its Friday mornings. I find that one week i loose weight then the next week i gain but then the 3rd week i have lost more then the 1st week lol dont know why but i take it as im loosing.
    Good luck with your journey and hope you get the answers your looking for
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    hi everyone. i see so much variation in my scale day to day, it's scary. ok, it's not insane variation, but if i skip the gym after a week of going every day, i'm up a pound to a pound and a half, even if i'm within my calorie goals. is this normal? is it water? does anyone else have daily fluctuations and gains?
    Yes, and I measure weight daily but track weekly trends.
    Chill out and just record the weight, and worry NOT!
    The time to move on your concerns is if you see an upward trend over 7 days.
    I was 196 Monday and Tuesday, then 198 yesterday and 195 this morning.
    That's a good trend, and by Saturday, I'll start seeing the 194's....:smile:

All is well.
  • rheiah
    rheiah Posts: 84
    Options
    As the previous posters mentioned, it happens to all of us.

I weigh myself daily and my weight tends to go up for a few days but then drops down again, ultimately resulting in an overall weight loss.

There are lots of factors, not least water retention and time of the month.
    I don't let myself worry about it, unless there is a consistent upwards trend over more than a week.
  • wendyapple
    wendyapple Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    thank you everyone! your reassurances really help :)

i like it here :)
  • mcrachel444
    Options
    I am glad you asked the question because I am going through that too! Thanks Wendyapple!