From 413-278

Options

Replies

• NewCyn
    NewCyn Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Fabulous post. Thanks for sharing your story. Even without pics it is inspriring to those of us that are just getting started. Keep that great outlook and your final goal will be met in no time!
  • Shannibal
    Shannibal Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    My true success will be measured by the success of others who are inspired by my story. From one person to the rest of you, much love. We are all one entity of earth, and together we can achieve anything. I am just as motivated by you all as some of you may be by me, and that is the beauty of this site.
  • Tivo8MyNeighbors
    Tivo8MyNeighbors Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    You are amazing! Keep it up, and please share pics so we can all be inspired by your accomplishment!
  • nukebhs83
    nukebhs83 Posts: 158
    Options
    congratulations. i am so happy for you. you are truely an inspiration. keep up the GREAT WORK.

sherri
  • Shanphichloe
    Options
    You are truly an inspiration. Congrats on your incredible success and in finding yourself!
  • Shannibal
    Options
    There are some pics on page one :)
    You are amazing! Keep it up, and please share pics so we can all be inspired by your accomplishment!
  • lizzue
    lizzue Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I weighed 413 lbs on April 26th 2011. On December 26th 2011 I weighed 278 lbs. I started eating clean, walking every day, doing Power 90 when I felt I didnt get enough exercise and resisting temptation. My Fitness Pal was such an amazing help. I will post pics soon. I still have a ways to go. Im 6'8" and wanting to build up some muscle.

I have done this in a way where I have eaten healthy foods, getting my vitamins, not starving myself, just full throttle dedication, but I must say that the biggest reward I have gotten are the numerous people who have seen my change and are now changing themselves. Words cannot explain how good it feels knowing others are making healthy choices and fostering a more positive environment for themselves and those around them due to my positive outlook, willingness to help and my success.

On April 26th I was a 413 lb smoker who bit his finger nails. On April 27th I no longer smoked, I no longer bit my finger nails and I no longer let tempation control my life.

In the words of Eddie Vedder, I Am Mine.

I no longer let tempation control my life. - Well done you!!!! I hope to be like you soon!
  • hcn74
    hcn74 Posts: 214
    Options
    Amazing!
  • Anabannana07
    Anabannana07 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful Success story. You are the proof that it can be done. Keep up the good work
  • CROCKETT1
    CROCKETT1 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I am so HAPPY for you! You look like a million bucks. Thank you inspiring others to transform their lives just as you have.
  • greenmanspirit
    Options
    I have a rough time with temptation, especially with soda. However, I am going to remind myself of your story whenever I look at that can of Mt Dew or that bag of wonderfully greasy potato chips and refuse to give in.
  • Shannibal
    Options
    You have no clue how amazing that makes me feel :)
    I have a rough time with temptation, especially with soda. However, I am going to remind myself of your story whenever I look at that can of Mt Dew or that bag of wonderfully greasy potato chips and refuse to give in.
  • lgomez75
    lgomez75 Posts: 115
    Options
    love the vedder reference.

wtg.
  • firstnamekaren
    firstnamekaren Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Hey congrats on not only the fantastic weight results and healthy eating, but also MAJOR congrats on quitting smoking!
    Your attitude, respect and dedication are so inspiring, THANK YOU for sharing!!
  • Shannibal
    Options
    I listen to Life Wasted to begin any exercise that I may do. "I've faced it, a life wasted. I'm never going back again"
    love the vedder reference.

wtg.
  • KaySaver
    KaySaver Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Incredible! Good for you for taking your life back! You are an inspiration.

What is "Life Wasted"?
  • Shannibal
    Options
    Life Wasted is a Pearl Jam song from their self titled album. Its about redifining your path in life and never looking back.
    Incredible! Good for you for taking your life back! You are an inspiration.

What is "Life Wasted"?
  • myopus
    myopus Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    My true success will be measured by the success of others who are inspired by my story. From one person to the rest of you, much love. We are all one entity of earth, and together we can achieve anything. I am just as motivated by you all as some of you may be by me, and that is the beauty of this site.

Your message ^^ shows incredible inner strength & a real love for others. Awesome!
    I was moved by your written story last night, and now to see your actual after pic, I am jazzed. You did it!!!
  • sunflowerjesss
    sunflowerjesss Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Great job and well said! Very inspirational!
  • Shannibal
    Options
    thanks again everyone :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!