Need some help!

Options
is a 1.5 - 2 # per week decent or should it be more? And...if I am burning 500-700 calories for 60 minutes of cardio 4-5 days a week, why does it keep adding my calories burned to my Food intake? Im trying to burn off what I eat!! I dont want it added! Help!!

Replies

• Amalthia79
    Options
    I try to think of it this way: If you don't exercise, your body needs the calories MFP tells just to function well. So if you DO exercise, you have used those calories up and your body still needs to function afterward. So eating your exercise calories will help keep your body fed and your metabolism running smoothly.
  • sarahgilmore
    sarahgilmore Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Remember your body is burning off most, if not all, depending on your size and your calorie goal, of what you eat right now just keeping you alive. Keeping your organs functioning, your brain working, your lungs pumping and your blood circulating and keeping you warm. This takes anywhere from 13-1800 calories a day for the average person.
    This is before you even think about being awake, sitting, standing or walking, let alone exercise and daily chores.
  • MiaRabago
    MiaRabago Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I've been told you should eat back your workout calories. However, I eat my 1200 calories throughout the day and when I work out later at night I get about 200-350 calories to eat back...I don't usually eat them back. I know you're supposed to but eating at 9-11pm at night seems like something I should avoid so I don't...
    Once in a while if I do overeat throughout the day by 100 calories or so I work out and submit my diary with 100-200 extra calories. Works for me, I've been doing this about 3 weeks and I'm already down 10 lbs. Good Luck.
  • jeniferjune
    jeniferjune Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone. That all makes sense :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!