30 Day Shred, not losing weight...grrr!

Options
I'm on Level 2 Day 5 and so far I don't feel like I lost any pounds. I did do measurements in the beginning and I think I only lost and inch in my hips. I'm a bit discouraged and don't even feel like finishing out the thirty days. I have noticed I'm burning less calories per session as the days progress though....so I hope that means I'm building endurance and becoming more fit and not becoming a slacker when I do the exercise. I also sarted my period today and Thursdays are usually my weigh in days, I'm hoping I'm just hanging onto some water weight and that's why the scale hasn't budged up or down. Anyone else having issues with weight loss?

Replies

• VonRockette
    VonRockette Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Yeah I've lost very little. I lost an inch on my boobs and waist, so that is something. I will continuee to do it though because I feel SO much stronger ! My endurance is getting better as well. I'm just going to incorperate other excersizes into it as well. I don't just want to lose weight.. I want to be healthy and stronger like I used to be and I find 30DS doesn't fail me on that.
  • angievaughn
    angievaughn Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    When I did the 30 DS...I did not lose any weight either!! I did drop a lot of inches...I think that months that I did the Shred I lost 7-10 inches.....I did it for 30 days in a roll with no other exercise!!

Wish I could tell you more!!
    Good luck!!
  • Shannon_Nicole83
    Shannon_Nicole83 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    YES! I did the 30 DS in November, and didn't lose much weight at all-I think it was like 5 lbs. HOWEVER, at the end of 30 days I felt really good about myself. I was stronger, had better endurance, better posture, and had lost 6 inches from my waist, 2 from my hips, and 2 from each thigh. That's a lot of inches lost. Keep it up!! It's totally worth it!
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I did this for 30 days and only lost 4 pounds. But I lost somewhere between 9 and 11 inches off of my waist. Hang in there. It's worth it in the end.
  • JenPro77
    Options
    I know what you are talking about. I actually gained 4 pounds during the first week but It then came off and a pound. So hang in on and maybe it will come off.
  • robino419
    Options
    I'm right there with you! Today was level 2 day 3 and weigh in day for me. I didn't lose anything from last week. I had that moment of thought also where I wondered if I should even bother finishing it. HOWEVER, think of how much stronger you feel! I haven't taken measurements yet, but I'm sure I've lost some inches. I just FEEL better! I have noticed how I'm looking more toned already. All of those reasons are reasons that I'm not going to quit! I also have to take into consideration that I'm probably building some muscle so that's obviously going to weigh more than fat. That muscle will also help kick up our metabolisms though so we can lose weight eventually. I started to Couch to 5k program this week so I'm hoping the extra cardio will help those pounds come off! Don't give up! We can do this!!!!!
  • tinalatina
    tinalatina Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Girl no worries!! Your only on day 5 so it takes a while to loose. I am on my second round of JM 30DS and only now I am loosing pounds as a result of my diet not the excercise. Most people on here who have done the shred say they loose more inches over pounds so just dont give up and you'll be happy with the results in the end.

Slow and steady wins the race!

Happy Shredding!!!!
  • Tatyana130
    Options
    An inch off is pretty good too! You're only halfway there! Hang in there! I am on day 6 of Level 2 and can feel my pants falling off a bit.. Oh and PMS can make you gain as much as 5 pounds!!
  • skump425
    skump425 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I didn't lose any pounds or inches even after starting level 3. not going to lie...i dropped it and started doing my own exercises while watching an entertaining 30 minute show
    Some I do are:
    push ups
    all of her ab workouts
    military press and leg extension
    burpees
    dips

I just pull some of the workouts from her tape i thought were harder
  • mdulanto9177
    Options
    I'm on Level 2 Day 5 and so far I don't feel like I lost any pounds. I did do measurements in the beginning and I think I only lost and inch in my hips. I'm a bit discouraged and don't even feel like finishing out the thirty days. I have noticed I'm burning less calories per session as the days progress though....so I hope that means I'm building endurance and becoming more fit and not becoming a slacker when I do the exercise. I also sarted my period today and Thursdays are usually my weigh in days, I'm hoping I'm just hanging onto some water weight and that's why the scale hasn't budged up or down. Anyone else having issues with weight loss?

The week that I'm bloated and PMSing, I don't weigh myself just because I know I retain water and I won't see a change or I see a weight gain on the scale...Good lunck!
  • SaketoKim
    SaketoKim Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Complete the dvd, and hopefully you have changed your diet or what's the point? Hang in there you will see results!!! I did :happy:
  • G30Grrl
    G30Grrl Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it for about 3 weeks now, and although my weight is on a plateau, I am getting stronger every day, my fiance continually makes comments on how toned I am getting, and I have lost an average of two inches each from waist, hips, and bust. And a friend came in to work today and commented on how great I look and asked how much weight I have lost. So really, I don't care so much about what the scale is telling me. The mirror, my clothes, my body, and the rest of the world are telling me to keep going. And incidentally, don't forget about the water weight we all gain during our periods. I never weigh myself then.
  • candykay0605
    candykay0605 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    keep at it you will see a diff, those inches are far better than the lbs :)
  • Amf5627622
    Options
    I'm in the middle of level two and have only lost a few pounds but have definitely lost inches. A pound of fat takes up much more space than a pound of muscle. Try to think of the numbers as irrelvant as you will see a physical difference in your appearance soon enough. Also - in the beginning of level 2 my calories burns were down but have starting going up again - maybe I am stronger and pushing harder, I don't know but I'll take it!
  • gwennypink
    Options
    I just finished level 3, day 5 today and have only lost 3.2 lbs, but I did measure my waist halfway through and had already lost an inch by that point. Which for my small frame (5'1 and petite) is a lot. I also notice that my "love handles" have gone down A LOT (they got HUGE from pregnancy), when I flex my arm muscles they look super toned, and I can fit into my favorite pair of jeans again. I've also gotten a ton of compliments from friends and family on how small I look and how much of a difference they can see. Try not to focus on the scale, like others have mentioned, you are building muscle and retaining water in those muscles due to the amount of stress you are putting on them. Don't give up! Keep going, the other results are way more worth it than the number on the scale. Better endurance, feeling stronger and fit are the greatest benefits! You can do it!!
  • northwjj
    northwjj Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You "FEEL" like you aren't losing weight? have you weighed in? Regardless, finish it out. you are probably holding on to water to repair your muscles. You can add heavier weights to help get the calorie burn and intensity up. Every time I start a new program (30DS, 6week6pack... whatever) I take pics before, during and after. Thats where the proof is. I suggest that and measurements .. throw the scale in the closet for a while. add another workout to your day if you can. Good Luck.

I should clarify, I haven't lost the weight I think I should be losing. I at least expected to lose a pound from last week to this week. And I will take your advice, I am going to increase my weights for some exercises from 3lbs to 5lb weights. Thanks!
  • northwjj
    northwjj Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the comments :) I am going to push through it to the 30day..., and after reading these posts it sounds like I just need to put that scale away and make the tape measure and the fit of my clothes the deciding factor! :)
  • lottieruby
    Options
    Just out of curiosity, how much did you weight before? I lost 30lb on the slimming world diet, and although I still have 6lbs to go to reach my goal weight I cant seem to lose the last bit, and also am not toned so no more happy with my body than I was before I lost weight. I wanted to do the 30 day shred to see if I could tone up, increase my fitness (I'm hoping to take up kickboxing when I start uni again and dont want to embarrass myself too much by being too unfit before I start) and also to lose 2/3 inches from my hips... Do you have to do it for more than 30 days? I was hoping (naively) that I'd be able to do a 30 day blitz and then do it 2/3 times a week along with gym sessions to maintain...
  • lyss1200
    lyss1200 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Remember it's only a 20 minute workout- you won't lose weight unless you're really spot on with your nutrition and/or doing additional exercise.

I've been doing shred + 15 mins moderate-high intensity cardio + 20 mins walking every weekday and I'm happy with my weight loss results so far (did first day of level 3 today).
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Don't quit. Give it a chance.