Just starting

Options
Hi everyone. I working on staying fit and healthy, but I need to loose about 10-15 pounds.
Im 125 and 5 ft 1in. :happy: I exercise 3x a week for 30 minutes a week. I don't seem to be loosing any weight. I don't consume that many calories, 1000-1500 a day. Any tips? Maybe if I start to drink a lot of water??? I want to fit into a bikini for a cruise in Agugust. HELP anyone??

226647.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter

Replies

• simsgirlmeg
    Options
    deffinitly drink lots of water! (a bottled water is about 2 cups, you need 8 cups a day.). (: don't give up either, you'll see results soon enough.
  • glitchgirl006
    Options
    What kind of exercising are you doing? And are you eating small meals 5-6 times a day?
  • secough
    secough Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey! I'm exactly in the same range you are. Those last 10-15 pounds are really tough because your body is designed to be around that weight. Therefore, if you want to see results and lose those few pounds, it might be helpful to kick up your workouts. Maybe try working out 4 times a week for 45 minutes. If you jog as part of cardio, try running faster, going up hills, or making your run a little bit longer. And defintely definitely drink a lot of water! And don't skip out on breakfast, whatever you do :-).

I hope that helps! This web site is really helpful, good luck!
  • Areifschneider2
    Options
    Um, I eat about 4-5 small meals a day. My diet has been the same for years really. I exercise 3x a week 30 minutes, and consume about the same calories, except around the holidays. I workout on an eliptical for about 10 minutes, then weight lifting/crunches for another 10 minutes, and then the treadmill for the last 10. But a rearrange and change the exercise routine every once and a while.
  • glitchgirl006
    Options
    I do LOTS of strength training. 45 min to an hour working different body parts each day, and that has been my success for toning up. Lift heavy weights, by that I mean, doing 12 reps, but those last 3 reps should be burning, if not you're not heavy enough. And don't worry about bulking up, it's not gonna happen. Lifting heavy weights will help you lean out. Hope that helps. :happy:
  • REDSOXGIRL13
    Options
    Hi. The last 10 are always the hardest.... so I would only expect about a half pound loss per week (or nothing some weeks)... but it will come off!

I think the workouts are key here... do you go to a gym? If so see if they have any classes you would be interested in... I find the cardio-kick-boxing / spin class to be great, high energy, and they burn a TON of calories in 60 minutes or less.... you could also try longer runs... or change the workout you do on the eliptical... circut training is also great!

in terms of the food... the calories sound about right... but once you get down to the last 10 -15 lbs... i find that the type of foods become much more important... make sure you check out your ptotein, carbs, sugar, fat etc... (not just calories) Switch it up for a week or two and see you notice any changes...

also... do you measure... you may find that although the scale is holding steady the inches are falling off!

keep it up!