Secret Diet

Options
is anyone here keeping their diet and fitness goals a secret from family and friends? I AM!!

I have now decided to add a layer of excitement to my fitness plan by try to avoid calorie traps and other bad behavior now... almost like a video game lol

I am also hording "good" food at my desk at work and keeping hush about my plans... seems strange that I feel more comfortable talking to strangers about my life than my family!

I find that if I dont feel pressure around me I do much better than being under a microscope 24/7...

Replies

• scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    I did at first. I have tried and failed so many times. So I just did it this time without talking about it. Now everyone talks about it because I have lost a good bit and I look different. But when I started walking in March of 2011, I told no one but my husband. Then I started running in August and didn't tell anyone until I was half way through c25k. My eating habits changed slowly with a real commitment from me in July.

Sometimes it's easier to just not have the pressure of everyone waiting for you to put a cookie in your mouth!
  • allthatsgolden
    Options
    Yes I'm also kind of hush hush about it this time too. Probably because I've lost and gaines so many times that I feel like I should. I am really going to do it this time though. Its all about me. Good luck with your "SECRET" haha. By the way...watch the "secret" or read the book...its very insirational. I've been watching while on the treadmill since I started the other day. Makes me feel great!
  • minussam
    minussam Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm not talking much about it. A bit to my coworkers but that's it. I won't see my hubby for a few months and I want to surprise him!!!
  • alishasickler
    Options
    I agree with being "under the microscope" feeling. I did it alone and very hush hush the last time I tried to reach my goals and felt very alone. Luckily this time around, I have my boyfriend teaming up with me. While we workout at different gyms it's helping keep me in check with my workouts, eating habits, and goals. Although I am keeping it from co-workers, friends, and family. Glad to know I'm not alone in not wanting to expose that I'm trying to lose weight.
  • ncw89
    ncw89 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I've mentioned that I've lost weight but I haven't shared the fact that I'm on here or what my goal weight is. I want to do it on my terms and i feel like if I decide to have a bar of chocolate with any leftover cals I have then I'll have people on my back saying "should you be having that?!" and I know from experience that that is just soul destroying. So, no, I'm keeping my methods to myself and only sharing the results when I hit a mini-goal :)