Need suggestions to control proteins

Options
I am 5'2", keeping at the 1200 calories, but my protein goes over everyday, how can I cut them.

Replies

• evansproudmama
    Options
    Why would you want to? As long as you arent over your calories it wont hurt protien helps build muscle and keeps you feeling fuller longer! Most people have trouble getting enough so its a good thing your getting alot!
  • aparker36
    aparker36 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have the same "problem" but I don't worry about it. I'd rather be over on protein not carbs!
  • lewandt
    lewandt Posts: 566
    Options
    I wouldn't worry too much about being over on protein. I think it is calculated low on here. I have a friend who has a personal trainer and she told her that she needs about 100-150 grams of protein a day! I think it is around 45 on here. She is working out a lot too, maybe that makes a difference. I am trying to up mine a bit.
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2", keeping at the 1200 calories, but my protein goes over everyday, how can I cut them.

You actually should be getting more protein than what MFP recommended (IMO). Protein is ESSENTIAL for repairing and maintaining muscles and it helps you to feel full longer. Don't worry about going over on protein. :flowerforyou:
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    How far over are you, and what are the sources of your protein?

If you're only a little over on protein, and fine on calories, I'd say it's not a problem at all, as the previous poster pointed out, protein can be a good thing. If you're way over, and you're getting a lot of your protein from animal sources (meat, dairy, and eggs, vs. plant sources), there are some possible long term health consequences, which are something you'd probably want to talk to a health provider about your risk for.
  • April0010
    April0010 Posts: 178 Member
    Options

You actually should be getting more protein than what MFP recommended (IMO). Protein is ESSENTIAL for repairing and maintaining muscles and it helps you to feel full longer. Don't worry about going over on protein. :flowerforyou:

This!!
  • mamitosami
    mamitosami Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Oooo, don't cut your proteins! You want them to keep your muscle! To keep you fuller.... And muscle burns more calories. Have a look at my diaries to see how much protein I consume!! Do a little research on protein consumption before you cut it.
  • rocketpants
    rocketpants Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    You should aim for a gram of protein per pound of Lean body mass. If you go over this not really a big deal. MFP goals are too low IMHO
  • BuffLoveWinning
    BuffLoveWinning Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Change your Mfp diary settings increa your protein
  • RUN2CJ
    RUN2CJ Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: I understand having too much protein! I LOVE MEAT and lots of it... HELP!!:heart::heart:
  • chicklidell
    Options
    aim for 1 gram of lean protein per pound of body mass....and if your goal is to lose weight then you should eat in grams of protein your goal weight. ie: if you weigh 200lbs and want to get down to 180...then it's 180grams.
  • jayb0ne
    jayb0ne Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Protein is set pretty low on here. Try thinking of your protein as a target to hit and go over and your carbs and fats as targets to stay under.

I get over 300g a day quite regularly :laugh:
  • dbratton87
    dbratton87 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Eat more veggies? I wouldn't worry too much about it but if you really wanna correct it that's my only suggestion.