Any St. Louis-ans out here?

Options
Hello all!

I just joined, hoping to be successful (of course...be silly to join hoping to fail, right?) and looking for motivation. I have a really good friend on here, but she's cross country (Hi Annie!). Would love to find any folks from St. Louis (West County) on here who might be interested in setting up some sort of fitness group????

Good luck!

Replies

• demery12371
    demery12371 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I'm a St. Louisan but I live down in House Springs... You can friend me if you want.. I'm a runner mostly.
  • kikiwarrior
    Options
    My ex lives out in House Springs :) Very familiar with it. I like to run too...was actually contemplating a 1/2 marathon about 1.5 years ago, but then I became blob-like and it never happened. I'd like to work back up to it again. I would probably fall over dead after running a mile at this point! Do you run in the winter?
  • demery12371
    Options
    I sure do... I started running last year in May/June at about 230/225 and got myself down to 196 in mid Oct. I am currently seeing anywhere from 200 to 203 every day because I slacked off on the running... started back up full force this week and I realized i missed it. a time to clear my head. When I started I barely ran a 1/10th of a mile without gasping and feeling like I was going to implode. I just kept trying for a minute longer than the last time and worked it like that till I was up to 45 minutes without a problem, then I actually looked at how far I was running ;) Weird process probably but it worked for me. Now I have to get back to running 45/60 minutes a morning....

thank you for the add... welcome to MFP
  • OfficerRyGuy
    Options
    Hey,

I live out in St. Charles. I also just started using this website. I have just began my exercise plan in the last week. I will try to be on here every day, so if you are in need of some motivation just shoot me a message on here. I will send you both a friends request. Good luck to both of you. Demery keep up the good work.

Ryan
  • demery12371
    Options
    Welcome Ryan :)
  • stone307
    Options
    St. Louis -Crestwood.

To far for a workout group but close enough to lend support. I know I need it
  • demery12371
    Options
    Stone.. your not to far from where I work... I work in Fenton just down 44.
  • stone307
    Options
    Not far at all. I am in Fenton at least once a week
  • trhops
    trhops Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I am from STL also.... O'Fallon, MO area.
  • kikiwarrior
    Options
    Hello!! :) We're getting quite a group of St. Louisans here now...great!

I'm out in Wildwood...kind of in-between everyone else here.
  • tchrnmommy
    tchrnmommy Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    YEP. St. Charles County here. Specifically Lake St. Louis. There's a group too. Search St. Louis in the "groups" tab. Always love "local" friends. Feel free to friend me.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/339-st-louis-missouri-and-surrounding-areas

EDIT: Added the group link.
  • tchrnmommy
    tchrnmommy Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Stone.. your not to far from where I work... I work in Fenton just down 44.

I grew up in Fenton and work for Anthem College in the Bluffs!
  • MalDunc2012
    MalDunc2012 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Just moved from the Hill over to the IL side of the river, but still close!
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    I am in IL, an hour east of STL really. Always looking for freinds if you want to add me.
  • duncanryan
    duncanryan Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Just moved from the Hill over to the IL side of the river, but still close!
    Weird...I have the same story!! :)
  • Turbokraut
    Turbokraut Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm in west county
  • WSOX37
    WSOX37 Posts: 1,611 Member
    Options
    Add