Too much water before running?

Options
Hi all,

Throughout the day yesterday, I had approximately 18 cups 8oz. cups of water. Later that evening, when running on the treadmill, I noticed heaviness in my feet and more trouble than I usually have running at a 6 mph pace. Has anyone else experienced this? Could the water be the cause or is it something else?

Ryan

Replies

• rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    It's hard to say. Is that amount of water normal for you to drink? Had you done a tougher leg workout or run the day before? Did you eat enough that day?
  • bethanyranes
    bethanyranes Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    If it helps you at all, I was going to just respond with "= barfy time".

I don't feel heavier necessarily, but if I drink too much water when I work out, it makes me super nauseated the whole time.
  • duncanryan
    duncanryan Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    It's hard to say. Is that amount of water normal for you to drink? Had you done a tougher leg workout or run the day before? Did you eat enough that day?
    It is pretty normal for me to drink that much water. I did not do a leg workout the day before and I was really close to may target amount of calories for that day.

I will say that sometimes when running for longer than 25 minutes, my foot tends to go numb. I would imagine that this is not a good thing and has to do with some sort of claudication in my leg. Not sure if this was related or not. The heaviness I experienced this time happened at about 10 minutes into my run.