PLEASE HELP! NEED ADVICE: plateau

Options
Fitness question!

I would honestly take spin classes all day everyday if I could.

But my scale hasn’t moved for almost two weeks and I kid you not when I say I am doing everything perfectly. No cheats, no chemicals, lots of water and veggies, plenty of sleep and exercising 5-6 times a week.

The only thing I can think of is that I’m really only taking spin classes and weight lifting…

Aren’t there people out there that just run and still lose weight?

I know I need to change it up I just don’t know what to do. Sometimes I do the stair master and what not but that’s about it.

I really ENJOY spinning and love doing it and like I’ve said I feel great I’d just like to see the scale move a little.

Tonight I’m doing my first boxing lesson so maybe that’ll help.

I've lost 30lbs the slow and healthy way and I don't eat processed r chemical foods. I am obviously seeing results in my muscles and what not but I'd like to not be stuck at 168 forever.

Replies

• anabell31
    anabell31 Posts: 268
    Options
    Have you seen the pictures comparing 5lbs of fat to 5lbs of muscle? Maybe you're just building muscle and losing fat at the same rate. Try taking measurements of your body instead of stepping on the scale. I bet you're still losing a ton of fat and gaining great muscle tone!
  • escadachic
    escadachic Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Firstly I recommend reading 'The False Fat Diet'

As that will help explain why you might be holding onto extra weight and it'll help you lose that and any bloating. As we all have reactive foods, which is not the same as food allergies. That cause us some resistance when it comes to losing false fat and real fat.

I say, keep up the current exercise and maybe try some walking. Like up steep hills or even hiking. Walking, as simple as it is, is a really effective way to lose weight.
  • Baby_Belles
    Options
    Thank you. I have been weight lifting a lot I just hate being stuck at a certain weight haha but my legs have slimmed up soooo much!
  • greenskpr
    greenskpr Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I was there. For almost three weeks stuck at the same number even with hard workouts and staying right on track with my food. I did take measurements though and that really made me stick with it. While the scale hadn't moved, I still lost two inches off my belly, 1 inch off my waist, and a 1/2 inch from my neck. I was amazed and it heartened me to hang in there. A week later the scale started moving again. Don't lose heart. Your body will fall in line with your plans, it has no choice. IT'S SCIENCE.

Also, read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/447397-my-plateau-nutrition-story-learn-from-my-mistakes?error_user_id=11011763&error_username=greenskpr&hl=plateau