Exciting News-Opening my store SOON!

Options
ALOHA!
Hey all, I just wanted to share...

We finally found a location for my store! (We have been looking for MONTHS!)
It's a great spot right in town, and close to the pier for the cruise ships! The projected open date is April 15th!

My only concern is...

I've been doing fairly well with my new diet, and I'm concerned that trying to get this store open and working all the time might make it difficult to stay on top of my plan. Anyone know of any good shortcuts to save time when preparing meals and snacks for the day???

Mahalos all! Lynn

Replies

• elementzdesigns
    Options
    ALOHA!
    Hey all, I just wanted to share...

We finally found a location for my store! (We have been looking for MONTHS!)
    It's a great spot right in town, and close to the pier for the cruise ships! The projected open date is April 15th!

My only concern is...

I've been doing fairly well with my new diet, and I'm concerned that trying to get this store open and working all the time might make it difficult to stay on top of my plan. Anyone know of any good shortcuts to save time when preparing meals and snacks for the day???

Mahalos all! Lynn
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    well, hello and congrats!!!

As for Hawaii food prep??

Never been, but I would suggest fruit and salads, easy preps and gives you energy while opening up....
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    Congrats on the store. my thoughts are to plan the night before and pack it all in a cooler.
  • yveillz
    yveillz Posts: 5
    Options
    CONGRATS !!!ON YOUR STORE
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the store. my thoughts are to plan the night before and pack it all in a cooler.

Yep, I'm a big fan of a large-ish cooler packed with things. I always overpack mine, so I'm never tempted to eat convenience. It's one of those soft-sided ones on a shoulder strap.

I erred last week and didn't pack my cooler. It was not a good day food-wise.

Congratulations on the location!:flowerforyou:
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I'm very happy for you!

What will you be selling?
  • elementzdesigns
    Options
    Thank you for all of the great suggestions!

My store will be sort of a .... jewelry design workshop. Customers can come in, design a pendant, bracelet, or other piece of jewelry, then make it. They can go home with something they KNOW was crafted in Hawaii! The materials that will be used is exotic woods, metals, leather, shell and pearls and other natural materials! If anyone feels like checking it out, my website is elementzdesigns.com

I know it will do well and I'm sure I will be busy. I've decided to buy a mini fridge to have there so I can bring in food from home. I want to try to not eat at the local spots. It'll be tough though!!!
  • pfisher
    pfisher Posts: 28
    Options
    Thank you for all of the great suggestions!

My store will be sort of a .... jewelry design workshop. Customers can come in, design a pendant, bracelet, or other piece of jewelry, then make it. They can go home with something they KNOW was crafted in Hawaii! The materials that will be used is exotic woods, metals, leather, shell and pearls and other natural materials! If anyone feels like checking it out, my website is elementzdesigns.com

I know it will do well and I'm sure I will be busy. I've decided to buy a mini fridge to have there so I can bring in food from home. I want to try to not eat at the local spots. It'll be tough though!!!
    Did you say you are from Kona? My daughter goes to school in Hilo. Where Is your store going to be?
    Pauline
  • braydoherty
    Options
    It's not always easy, but I do food shopping and all prep and cooking on Sundays for the week. Wash and cut veggies, marinate and grill meats, and keep everything in a grab and go state in my fridge. Then, the night before, I plan my meals and pack them in a cooler.

Sometimes it gets old, but to stay focused, you must plan. My day begins at 4:45 AM and I don't usually get home until about 10 PM. I don't want to be cooking and having to think at that point, so this method has been working for me. I named my cooler Wilson. :laugh: