Fingers swelling

Options
Does anyone else have this problem while walking? I don't notice it while walking my dog outside, I assume it is because those walks aren't as long and because I am holding the leash so my hands are not hanging down by my sides, they are out front and I change leash hands often. When I just walk on the track though my fingers swell and hurt after about 25min of walking. They get almost twice their normal size at the tips and they get rock hard. I also notice that the insides of my elbow area hurts really bad too.

Anyone else?

Replies

• stolenusername
    Options
    That's pretty much normal. It's due to the heart increasing blood flow due to the demand of the activity (vasodialation).
  • lavendergirll
    lavendergirll Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    that happens to me sometimes at least with the swollen fingers. I was told that it was because I wasnt drinking enough water and I should cut back on my salt intake.
  • houzkat
    houzkat Posts: 78
    Options
    Try holding your hands up closer to your chest and open and close your fists every 30 seconds or so. This helps me a TON with the swelling.
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Yup and agree with what fella says below your initial posting... I wear mittens if cold so no tightness and take off rings before physical activity and loosen watch a notch or two
    subsides though! :)
  • kiwipearls
    Options
    I get this too. It's annoying, but I believe the suggestions work, if you remember to do them.
  • DeeJayTJ
    DeeJayTJ Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    have you checked your blood pressure ?
  • sandy729
    sandy729 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I get that too. I always take my rings off before a workout or a walk. Holding my hands up relieves the pressure.
  • which12chews
    Options
    I get this too, but I have Congenital Heart Disease, so thought it was due to that, didnt realise how common it was, I was always told it was due to fluid retention. I just take my rings off and deal with it :) hehe thanks for the tips tho.