Going out to eat at Melting Pot

Options
We are going out to eat at the Melting Pot for a friend's birthday. What can you eat there that doesn't wreck your healthy eating? I tried looking up nutritional information, but it doesn't show everything? Has anyone gone there and not killed their new heatlhy eating plan?

Replies

• jeangirl928
    jeangirl928 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I have no suggestions but just wanted to say I am jealous!!! Love the Melting Pot!!! I would just eat and start over tomorrow.
  • skump425
    skump425 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    don't know the cals, but skip the cheese and go for the non oil bases for the entree and stick with lean meats
  • rgarner96
    Options
    That was my thought. Just hard to go there because of their menu.
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I love Melting Pot--had daughter's wedding reception there. You can order individual choices instead of the complete meal. Go for the veggies and meat, easy on the cheese and bread and and skip the chocolate but you can have the fruit plain if you have the will power. Enjoy!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Kiss your diet goodbye for tonight!:drinker:
  • mpbfmom
    mpbfmom Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I ordered the vegetarian and used the bourgionne cooking stock...it was fine & filling.
  • KYMUSE
    KYMUSE Posts: 66
    Options
    I have a cheat meal once a week...it's the only thing that keeps the cravings at bay. If there is something I want (or eating at a place like the Melting Pot) I'd go for it-enjoy myself and just get back on track in the morning.
  • rgarner96
    Options
    Thanks for the tips. Yeah, I definitely plan on avoiding the chocolate and cheese!
  • hellraisedfire
    hellraisedfire Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    melting pot is so delicious!!

the pacific rim is pretty low in calories, as is the vegetarian. the mojo style is delicious, way better than the bourguignonne imo, and also the bourguignonne comes with tempura batter. the green goddess is really high in calories, so try to avoid that if you can. the french quarter is high in calories as compared to the pacific rim or land and sea.

the spinach artichoke cheese is about 300 calories for half a bowl, which is probably the lowest calorie cheese they have. the wisconsin mix is about 100 calories more than that.

the spinach salad (comes with mushrooms) is less than 100 calories without dressing (even with bacon!!) but you could always get it without bacon and get dressing instead maybe.

as for desserts, well. I mean, you know already to avoid the brownies and cheesecake and only eat fruit, but seriously, IT'S THE MELTING POT. don't be miserable and have a little brownie in your chocolate! you'll regret it if you don't. I mean how often do you get to go there?! treat yourself! :)
  • amybrauch
    amybrauch Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I think the veggies and meat at The Melting Pot suck. I do not find boiled meat appealing and that is exactly what it reminded me of. The cheese course & chocolate course & salad were all wonderful but full of calories. I think you should just have a fun night and start fresh the next day.
  • MissKim
    MissKim Posts: 2,853 Member
    Options
    I went Monday with my co-workers for a celebration dinner. It was yummy and awesome! I ate a ton of veggies, fruits, and meats and dipped away! and I've lost 3 lbs this week! I really thought it would be a tough week for me b/c of that night, but not so. I guess when you think about it, it's not that bad. Just take it easy on the dessert course and the bread course.
  • lchovet
    lchovet Posts: 68
    Options
    Melting Pot without cheese AND chocolate; then what's the point? :smile: Go to the gym first and earn the calories! But one bad meal shouldn't derail your over all goal.
  • EmeliaFoo
    EmeliaFoo Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I used to work at the Melting Pot years ago. There are better choices you can make but none of them are great. Be careful of the sauces. Most of them are very high in fat and calories. Avoid the oil (which is strained and reused-yuck!) and batter, of course. The broth, I can attest, is just a big bag of bouillon mixed with water. Crazy amounts of sodium. Sorry....

Or you can just forget it all for the night and enjoy yourself.