Flecainide?? Anyone with V-Tach or PVC's?

Options
Just wondering if anyone out their has been put on Flecainide? I've tried Toprol and Verapamil but neither worked. I had a heart ablation on Dec 14th but the Dr has pretty much chalked that up to a fail. The plan was to ignore the PVC's since they are not life threatening and they are tolerable. However I have had some episodes of V-Tach and starting to feel more light headed and I'm concerned I might pass out. I'm alone with my kiddos a lot and I don't want that to happen in front of them so I'm willing to try a new med even though I'm a HORRIBLE pill taker.

Has anyone taken Flecainide or had any experiences with it?

Thank you!!!!

Replies

• Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    BUMP:flowerforyou:
  • Tams1408
    Options
    I have PVCs and V-Tach, unfortunately. I tried Flecainide but was unable to take it because it gave me the worst migraine I have ever had in my life. It was horrible. But, my doctor says it is a good drug just not for me.
  • rhorae
    rhorae Posts: 8
    Options
    I don't know about the drug of which you are speaking but for PVC's I take Atenolol. It definitely has helped considerably as the PVC's felt as though they were going to throw me out of bed at night.
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    I have PVC's too. I too take atenolol. One to control my blood pressure, second as a beta blocker, it softens the heart muscle so I dont feel them as much. My doc said if they ever got too severe, I'd be a candidate for a pace maker. yuck!!! I do find that not eating so much helps. Seems like the fuller my stomache is, it puts pressure on my innards and I feel the pvc's more. Doesnt help that I'm obese....
  • duncanryan
    duncanryan Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I have not had either, but have treated many patients with V-Tach and PVCs and they are scary things. I would think that V-Tach and PVCs (a run of 6 more more) are serious conditions that would require intervention by a cardiologist. At least this is what I learned in school (physical therapy school).
  • greeneyedaries
    greeneyedaries Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I some times throw really bad PVC's, mine is brought on by an over load of stress and MVP. How I get rid of mine< I go to my VFD and get oxygen for about 10 minutes on 4 liters. It puts o2 back into my blood stream and calms my stress level, I am good to go until I get over loaded again..This really works for me. Good luck, I hope you find some thing that works for you.
  • loueloua82
    loueloua82 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am a nurse at a children's hospital. We take care of many patients with arrythmias, including adults with congenital heart defects. We commonly use Sotalol and Flecainide for patients with SVT and other arrytmias. The patient stays with us for the first 48 hours of the medication to monitor for any complications from the medication. I have noticed lately that we have gone from using Sotalol more often to using Flecainide. I have seen really good responses with this medication, however as you know medications work differently on everyone (because we have different body chemistries). I do think it is very important that you try something considering the ablation and your current medications are not working. It is important that you care for yourself so you an be there to care for your children. Best of luck to you.