The longer I'm dieting, the less I want to eat

Options
I'm really finding it hard to eat the 1200 calories I'm being recommended to eat, any help anyone? Into week 5 of diet and almost lost 2 stone so any advice would be a massive help. Thanks!

Replies

• rosabella
    rosabella Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    :smile: Snack on some nuts, dried fruit or avocado... I find snacking on these things keeps my blood sugar nice and stable too.
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Have you read the thread about eating your "exercise calories?" I guess it would be the same thing as not eating your allotted calories for the day. It just mentions that there is a set amount of calories that you definitely should eat in order to keep your metabolism high and the weight to keep coming off. If you go too far below your recommended amount, your body could go into starvation mode and conserve any calories it gets--thereby stopping your weight loss. So be healthy and find those good for you foods! (a banana has about 100 calories, and its a fruit!)

Keep on keepin' on!

128647.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting
  • Cherrystargirl
    Options
    I've got a fruit allergy, particularly bananas! It makes me incredibly sick if I eat them, so would have even fewer calories in me if that happened!!! :laugh:
  • arashton
    arashton Posts: 15
    Options
    Protein and Fiber keep you fuller longer. Maybe low cal isn't the kind of program you need to drop weight. Have you learned about Atkins? I did it for years and my body LOVED it ! It wasn't that hard to stick to and after a few weeks on it you don't miss the 'No No' foods.

I'm breastfeeding now and can't be on Atkins, but when I'm fninished, that's what I'll look into again. Hope this helps.

BTW 1200 calories is REEEEEEEEEALY low =(
  • vanessadawn
    vanessadawn Posts: 249
    Options
    If it's hard to eat the 1200 and not hungry you may very well be in starvation mode. Eat nuts, veggies, shakes, things that are healthy for you, get your daily needs girl!
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    what's a stone?
  • erikazj
    erikazj Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    what's a stone?
    14 pounds
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    what's a stone?
    14 pounds

thx, is that European?
  • MotivatedQuitta86
    Options
    I feel the same way,I don't really want to eat because i'm scared of gaining any weight!I been forcing myself to eat I hoping I am eating enough!!!
  • erikazj
    erikazj Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    what's a stone?
    14 pounds

thx, is that European?

Not really sure, its what a lot of us use in the UK, stones and pounds (rather than just pounds), its either that or Kilos.