Motivation? Work around for a case of the blahs?

Options
Been on here for one month, and if I'd keep myself within the targets, I'd lose. BUT, I look at food as the place for stress-relief and diversion from uncomfortalbe feelings, and I've gained a pound. I truly need a new point of view; used to be gung-ho about life, but feeling a bit blue lately.
Sure, there are lots of stresses (money, health, the usual suspects). I lost 13 pounds last year, but this year I'd rather eat cake than drink grapefruit juice (the choice I made yesterday). I have a decent job a good marriage, and lots of interests, but I'm just stuck here.

Anyone have a work around for what is probably a case of the blues?

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    It's hard but only you can do it. I wish I had the magic word but it all comes down to, how you want to feel, like this or good about yourself. Get rid of the junk, Stop making excuses and get done. Search for healthy alternitives for the things you love. Cut out sugar and processed foods. Cut portion size. You can do this!:flowerforyou:
  • WakingUp
    WakingUp Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I just realized I've not talked to anyone about what I'm trying to do....telling the truth helps. Getting a response perked me up!
  • ohtobslim
    ohtobslim Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi Wakingup. You sound like I feel sometimes "I have a decent job a good marriage, and lots of interests, but I'm just stuck here." but I do feel more determined this time to loose the weight and to feel good about myself. It's hard to keep motivated I know but then maybe this website is just what we need and of course positive thinking. :flowerforyou:
  • WakingUp
    Options
    Thank you! It's the connecting-up I was missing. When I lost 30 pounds at Weight Watchers (twice), it was the relating to people in the same position that helped so much. I noticed on your profile you said someone lost 8 stone. Do you live in Australia? I used to teach school there.
  • ohtobslim
    ohtobslim Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm in England UK The person I mentioned is a UK actress about my age (well a bit younger) she has always been a very large person and has lost her weight from dieting and not a gastric band. I have done Weight Watchers also and lost weight but always end up putting it back on. I also do better with contact,
  • WakingUp
    Options
    I'm online M-F - weigh in on Monday. Want to check in to see how the week went this Monday?