Is it bad....?

Options
Soo, today was my first day of working out.

I found a new addiction! ZUMBA!! I love dancing. I burned 578 calories(along with another activity I did).

I was wondering, is it bad if you wanna exercise and work out but can't meet the amount of calories you're supposed to take in?

I'm feeling amazing, and I'm anxious to work out, which if you knew me, you'd be like HOLY **** she wants to work out?! Because when I dropped outta school I completely stopped working out and playing sports and got completely lazy. But now I'm like dying to work out!

I need feedback peoples!!!!

Replies

• HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Not really. Just try to plan better in future. If you know you're gonna be working out, have more cals beforehand, if you're worried about it. :)
  • mrh1227
    mrh1227 Posts: 37
    Options
    This is a very good question, and it has many different answers.

Let me just start off by saying, you never want to get into the negative calories gained per day mark. I've been there before when I was new to this, and it leaves you feeling tired and sluggish.

You'll definitely want to intake calories specific to your goal and stay close to them. Don't be concerned if you go slightly over or you are slightly under, thats fine. Make sure those calories you do get though, are calories that provide your body with nutrients and energy, without adding in unnecessary components (saturated/trans fats, salt, etc). If you do this, your body will change in a healthy way.

So try and get enough calories and nutrients in your diet to ensure you remain energized and you should be fine :)
  • danicamper
    Options
    How do you determine how many calories you are burning during Zumba? I really want to give it a try as I have heard great things, but I want to be sure I am accurately keeping track of what I burn.
    -Danielle
  • Indy_Mario
    Options
    Yes, it's bad. You're gonna go to purgatory until you repent
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    In my opinion - yes.
    Don't let your enthusiasm trump logic.

And how hard is eating to goal really?
    Eat a McDonald's cheeseburger if you have to; just suffer through that - :wink:
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Jenny,
    A word of advice.
    Dont take MFPs setting as your specific setting for calories or macronutrients.
    Google Fat to Fit Radio and click tools.
    Do the Military Body Fat calculator then the BMR tool.
    This will help you set realistic sustainable numbers for the first part of your diet.
    Once you set up MFP correctly with calories youll want to start macros at Protein 30% Carbs 40% Fat 30%.
    If you dont lose weight the first month dont panic.
    Take measurements with tape and stay on the numbers.
    This works!
    youll lose inches while maintaining lean mass this way!
    Good luck!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Not really. Just try to plan better in future. If you know you're gonna be working out, have more cals beforehand, if you're worried about it. :)

^^This.
  • rachf2013
    Options
    I say just listen to your body. If you feel hungry, then eat. If you don't, then don't eat. This site is an approximation based on averages. It's not individualized to you. It's a guideline and it's psychological because if you have to write down everything you are eating, you are less likely over eat. Keep that in mind.
  • Jenny_Lou20
    Jenny_Lou20 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Well I picked Zumba as Dancing...because thats what you do. So I assume thats the best way to do it.

Alright - thanks for the input everybody! I'm just sooo excited to be feelin better already after day one and I'm worried about eating so much since I thought you had to eat less.

I just don't want to continue eating the bad things and it doesn't turn out the way I want..but I guess I'll start eating a little more considering I'm wanting to work out.

Thanks again everybody!!! :)