Hello, New Here from Michigan

Options
My Name is Tina, I am 46 yrs old. Type 2 Diabetes, RA (rheumatoid arthritis) and I am over weight. I have been using this site since Jan 4th, 2012. I am 5 foot 2 and my starting weight on that date was 189( I did weight 213 a few months ago- dropped to the 189 when I completely cut out my "glued to my side Pepsi or Coke"). I started gaining my weight when I was preg. for my son 22 yrs ago. never lost it and slowly over the yrs I gained and gained. I never really tried to lose it before learning I was diabetic. I am now ready for a change to better my health and beside my darling hubby (who is right weight and able to put anything in his mouth and not gain an ounce lol) promised me a whole new 7 day wardrobe if I was at least able to get down to 145 pounds (my personal goal is 125. I didnt want to post here until I knew this site was something that might work for me. I am now down to 180 as of this morning, Yeah me! So here I am.
So Hi everyone and the best to you!
Tina
:tongue:

Replies

• sinny10
    sinny10 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi Tina

Congratulaions! I too am working towards a goal of 145 lbs. Right now just hit 175lbs. Started at 191! Crazy! I have used this site off and on for awhile now and it really does work. Good luck to you! :happy:

Cindy

p.s. im from Michigan too.
  • missmadhoney
    Options
    Hi Tina and welcome. I also have Type 2 diabetes andI have been using this site since 12/01/11 and have lost 14 lbs. I find that it's a great tool to track sugar and carb intake. The food journal is a valuable tool and i really like the feedback that it gives you. I hope you find the site helpful and best wishes to you and your fitness/health goals.
    -Melissa
  • Jzslim
    Jzslim Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    good luck. I am new to site but it does seem very helpful.I have to cut carbs and lose weight and dont think I could stay on track without it.
  • ladywolfkahn
    Options
    How often should one weigh themselves and is there a best time to do so? My doctor wants me to see a nutrionist at least twice a month but our insurance wont help pay so trying to do it myself, online, with all of you. Other than my hubby I havent ever had a support system (my well meaning "friends" make me feel bad when I don't eat what they do or the amounts they do so have been staying away from them as they weren't helping, I just kept falling off the wagon so to speak.
    Thanks for any tips in advance.
    Tina
  • ladywolfkahn
    Options
    BUMP