New to myfitnesspal needing support

Options
Hey yall,
I posted a blog that will probably repeat what I am writing here. Sorry. :(
I am 28 years old and a mother of 3 children under the age of 8. I work and am a full time student as well.
I am really needing to get myself in shape. Lose 30 lbs and feel better about myself. I have been extremely worn out (even before starting to work out and eat better). However, I have found that I do have slightly more energy since I have cut out a lot of sugary foods and eating out. I exercise but not regurally.
My problem is...when it gets tough, I STOP! :(
I 160 lbs. It shouldn't be so difficult for me to workout. But when things get hard or I start to hurt, instead of working through it I want to give up. My stomach will hurt and I start to feel sick. Especially doing things like squats or lunges.I really need to work my legs/bottom area but those are the areas that are the MOST difficult for me.
Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

Replies

• Wisemomoffour
    Wisemomoffour Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    You are one busy lady! I have four kids (but older) and work full time so I can relate about how tired that can make a person!

You have made some GREAT first steps!! Have you ever tried walking? It can tone up your lower half and help you lose weight. The easier it gets you can add intensity or time. Do something fun while you walk--talk to friends, listen to a good book or just dream. Make it all about you! If you can't get out of the house, there are some great walking DVDs out there.

Good luck, Air411. You haven't given up, because you're on here! Celebrate your successes!!!
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Not everyone is a born gym rat that lives for the burn, but it doesn't mean you can't get a good workout :) Try finding things you like to do and since you're having fun you'll keep going! Helps if you can get the kids involved by either playing physical games ( Red Light/Green Light, Hide and Seek, treasure hunts) or dancing (Zumba, DDDR, and I think a few cartoons out there have kid-oriented workouts).

Don't throw away everything over one mistake, you wouldn't with your family or schooling, would you? Your health is just as important.
    :flowerforyou:
  • Lyndzer
    Lyndzer Posts: 41
    Options
    If you have 30 min a day I really recommend Jillian Micheals 30 day shred, Im doing it, this is the 2nd time I did it ( day 2 of week one) and I feel great! the workout itself is 20 min intense workout and there is 5 min of stretching before and 5 min after.

what works for me to not stop is coming on here and reading the success board, and seeing everyones before & after pictures really motivates me.

everyone can have difficulty working out even if you are 110 lbs, if you havent worked out or been active in awhile your stamina is low and your muscles arent used to the strain!

keep at it and your body will adjust and become stronger! I am 211 lbs and the first time I tried to do the 30 day shred ( day one) I couldnt make it thro the whole thing but I didnt shut it off I just took small breaks and joined back in, day 2 I could make it all the way thro ( hardly) but I can feel my body adjusting!
    you just have to keep at it, stay positive and stay motivated!
    MFP is a great place!
  • Lyndzer
    Lyndzer Posts: 41
    Options

My problem is...when it gets tough, I STOP! :(
    I 160 lbs. It shouldn't be so difficult for me to workout. But when things get hard or I start to hurt, instead of working through it I want to give up. My stomach will hurt and I start to feel sick. Especially doing things like squats or lunges.I really need to work my legs/bottom area but those are the areas that are the MOST difficult for me.

You have to try to push past that, believe me i know it sucks! but if you just give up you will never going to to get anywhere. if it were easy we would all be super models but after you accomplish something you really will feel fantastic & you will have more energy
  • Mandykinz2008
    Mandykinz2008 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    You are one busy lady! I have four kids (but older) and work full time so I can relate about how tired that can make a person!

You have made some GREAT first steps!! Have you ever tried walking? It can tone up your lower half and help you lose weight. The easier it gets you can add intensity or time. Do something fun while you walk--talk to friends, listen to a good book or just dream. Make it all about you! If you can't get out of the house, there are some great walking DVDs out there.

Good luck, Air411. You haven't given up, because you're on here! Celebrate your successes!!!

100% Agree! If DVDs aren't your thing (they aren't mine) see if a nearby gym has classes. I always do better and stay motivated when other people are doing it with me! Zumba is fun..aerobics..if they have an indoor pool even water aerobics.. Good Luck..this is a great community of people for support..YOU CAN DO IT!!
  • proudmomma70
    Options
    I am 41, mother to 7. I have been doing OK some days are harder then others. I need to up my exercise. I do little things like park further, take stairs walk around the yard but nothing like a real workout. I have done DVDs in the past but just haven't been motivated to back up.
    A few months ago I worked my butt off for 8 weeks and didn't lose one pound. Now I have started to lose a pound a week or so with out changing a whole lot. I started eating breakfast and more fruits and veggies. Since this is working I really need to add exercise.

• emohlee23
    Options
    Don't give up!!! I just started dieting this past Monday!! It's been super hard!! I work all the time and have a daughter of my own and I'm also a single mom!! I keep telling myself I need to do it for her!! I need to lose 100lbs! And so far I've done alright with my food changes and I completely quit drinking soda cold turkey and that has been hard!! I have the worst time getting motivated to exercise too. It's not easy. By the time I get home from work the last thing on my mind is exercising because I would rather be spending all my free time with the kiddo! Keep at it and be strong!!