Calorie blow out!

Options
Yesterday I consumed 3,000 calories on alcohol alone, not to mention all the snacks and my bbq lunch and dinner. I think it's safe to say that Australia day got the better of me. I am feeling so guilty and dont know where to go from here... Should I start a fresh, skip eating for a day?
Any advice or help would be great!

Replies

• bentley99
    Options
    just get back w/it tomorrow... and be good!
  • silentnacht
    Options
    Just go back to your normal diet. Don't skip eating unless you really, truly aren't hungry. Do your best to make smart choices today, and don't beat yourself up about yesterday. It was one day out of thousands. Everyone, everywhere has gone over their calorie limit at least once. :smile:
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    That was one day - and whatever you did can't be changed.
    Don't stop eating today, just get back to healthy eating, fit in some exercise if you can and drink LOTS of water, you are probably seriously dehydrated after that much booze.
    And maybe take the chance to look at what happened - could you/should you have made a few better choices?? Only you know the answer but it might be useful to work out for the next big day out.
  • cooter2533
    Options
    just go back to your normaly diet, it happens to all of us. just dont get discouraged if the scale doesnt move this week. nothing wrong with having a celebration.
  • Tia_N_Mac
    Tia_N_Mac Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I consumed 3,000 calories on alcohol alone, not to mention all the snacks and my bbq lunch and dinner. I think it's safe to say that Australia day got the better of me. I am feeling so guilty and dont know where to go from here... Should I start a fresh, skip eating for a day?
    Australia day sounds like one hell of a party!
  • maevestewart
    Options
    Thanks for all you're advice guys!
    Thank goodness Australia Day is only once a year. Will definatley try to stick to some lean protein and pleanty of fresh fruit and veg today. Probably very unlikely I could get through my work day with no fuel. Will hit the gym hard tonight for punishment, might even give running a try. Thanks again for your support :)
  • natacha305
    natacha305 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    whatever you do dont get discouraged and not work out.

for me it only takes one day of skipping a workout to think to my self: "hey if i pig out for 2 days I cant possibly gain the weight back"

its a trick! your mind is deceiving you! Just get back to it as fast as possible.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    NEVER skip eating. .... All you can do is stop beating yourself up and just keep moving forward. No point dwelling on yesterday... Start eating better again today and working out again and you'll be back on track in no time!
  • maevestewart
    Options
    Australia day sounds like one hell of a party!
    It sure was! I dont think I will be the only one suffering the guilt of overindulgence today.
  • ckarnes2000
    Options
    Good luck with the workout. Remember to drink lots of water too.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options

Don't sweat it.

If you trip over a rock, you don't pick it up and smack your head repeatedly, do you? No. You say,"OUCH, that rock came outta nowhere." You get up and dust yourself off and keep going.
  • alleymya
    Options
    nope tomorrow is a new day >>>> we will all have bad days and yes eat lighter eat more fruits and vegetables if that makes you feel better but dont beat yourself up