no weight lose yet

Options
I know it is early in the game for me but, I started mfp 10 days ago. I do Zumba two days a week and work out at home the other 3 days a week. I have not lost anything yet. Not even a loony of a pound,
I am very discouraged!!!!! I was hoping to have lost at least a pound by now!!!!! Help! Am I doing something wrong?!!!!!!!

Replies

• Felidae_1981
    Felidae_1981 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Me neither... Hating it, but hanging in there...
  • npeters519
    npeters519 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm with ya... I actually gained half a pound last week. I'm sticking with it though! I know it might just be my body adjusting to new habits and rebuilding a little muscle (even though I'm not doing much weight training). Hopefully this week will yield better results!
  • lewandt
    lewandt Posts: 566
    Options
    It's hard to tell. How are you doing on your calories? It really is about how much you are consuming and how much you are burning.

If you feel you are doing well, maybe you are miscalculating something.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Be sure you have the right calories in before you worry about losing weight.

Google Fat To Fit Radio.
    Under tools do military body fat calculator then do the BMR tool.

chances are MFP gave you the wrong numbers because it doesnt ask the right questions.

Eat closer to 1600 calories or more if you are 5'3" or taller and work out.
    Simple!

Measure success with tape not scale!
  • vpaxson
    Options
    You can see a Dr. and find out how many calories your body actually burns just to maintain your current weight. I discovered that I can only eat 1300 calories a day just to maintain my weight. This means I have to eat even less and up the exercise a lot in order to lose anything. Keep with it though. Good luck!
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    You can see a Dr. and find out how many calories your body actually burns just to maintain your current weight. I discovered that I can only eat 1300 calories a day just to maintain my weight. This means I have to eat even less and up the exercise a lot in order to lose anything. Keep with it though. Good luck!

how tall are you and do you stay in bed all day?
  • karolcia88
    Options
    Remember that even when you are not counting everything you eat (because you think its nothing big) or you're not counting the calories, your body is! Be true to yourself and make sure you stay on track with your calorie-limit and exercise.

I started taking MFP seriously about a week ago and lost 3 pounds... but as hard as it is to avoid temptations (especially when 3 different co-workers had birthday this week ;/) it is important to be strong and imagine yourself happy and healthy.

What works for me is telling everyone around me that I am on a diet so that I will feel guilty eating sweets and junk food.

well good luck!!!! I am sure you will start loosing soon! I KNOW YOU WILL AND I KNOW YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

;]
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Keep better track of your calories IN.

The calorie charts on here are not particularly accurate. I tend to over estimate my calorie intake and under estimate my workouts. So, I am cheating myself on both ends.

It seems to be working for me.
  • mbucy2
    mbucy2 Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm sorry you haven't lost any pounds..but have you noticed a difference in how you feel???
  • strela32
    Options
    Try not to eat your cals lost in your work out. If that doesn't work, try to eat about 1,200 cal/day. If you choose the right foods, most people will lose something without starving themselves. Another thing that might be a problem: sodium intake. For me, that is a major deal, and if I ingest too much, I don't lose much during that week. It's worse in some ways, than the fat grams, because is more hidden in the food. Read the labels and pay attention.
    And count everything you eat. The butter you spread on your bread, the oil you used to sautee your onions with, everything counts. Those little things add up like that!

Good luck! You can do it!!!!
  • gleechick609
    Options
    Try not to eat your cals lost in your work out. If that doesn't work, try to eat about 1,200 cal/day. If you choose the right foods, most people will lose something without starving themselves!

You DO want to eat your exercise calories back. if you are following MFP's guidelines, they have already given you a calorie deficit before activity. The calories you burn you eat back. I have also successfully lost weight by eating more than a net of 1200 calories. You can too!
  • newme201213
    newme201213 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    hang in dre...it takes time...
  • Anyanut
    Anyanut Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Increace your protien intake and decreace your starchy carbs (like breads and rice and potatos etc.) I found that MFP recommended I hit more carbs in my day and less protien but it wasn't working for me. Also, if you are working out that much your body is going to want more protien to repair itself.
    Give it a try for a week or two and see if it helps.
    I know that I can eat the same amount of calories each day but if the calories are from carbs I'll gain, if the cals are from protien I'll lose.
  • timssmurfette
    Options
    I often eat less because I am not hungry.
  • timssmurfette
    Options
    I am only 5 foot and NO I dont stay in bed all day. I have four kids one is special needs and I homeschool two of my kids. I do zumba two times a week and workout at home the other 2 days. I feel I work out enough. I am very short though so fat shows very well on me :)
  • timssmurfette
    Options
    NO no difference in how I feel though either. I have been working out on a regular basis for about 1 1/2 years now but I did weight watchers about 1 year ago and lost a ton of weight. I stopped doing it then gained it all back again. So now I tried weight watchers again for a little and didnt like it. I was hoping this would work. I lost weight on the WW in like 1 week. But I will keep trying this one. I hope it works :)
  • sweetyedie
    sweetyedie Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    My sister could not lose an ounce till she cut out even diet pop. No pop at all. Don't know if this is something that might help u.
  • ladymax6
    Options
    How is your eating? Are you eating enough? Do you have variety in your workout? Do you use weights? If so, you might want to up it a bit. And if you are eating basically the same foods or same types of foods, you might want to shock you system with a little more or less of something. And water too...just my thoughts. Much success to you
  • runtochamp88
    Options
    Don't get too worried about it. In my first two weeks I actually gained weight because I am the type that did not eat much all day then consumed it at night....so I put my body into starvation mode. Give it a month and see where you are at then. I kept with it and am now down 6 pounds. It will come. I feel for ya cause I was soooo mad when I gained weight. You can do it just stick with it :)

And also make sure that you are at least eating 1200 calories a day as well because you could be putting your body into starvation mode so it will store everything you eat. I just figured this would help since you were saying you often eat less because your not hungry. I actually end up eating more food when I am on a diet than I do normally.
  • speedycakes
    speedycakes Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I wish i knew how to help you but i'm having this problem too. 80 days and only 5 pounds lost. :( I have at least 30 to go. Do you have to be a marathon runner in order to lose weight? I must be doing something wrong. Maybe forgetting to log something?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!