At My Goal Weight

Options
So it's been a year, and I'm at my goal weight! 169 lbs to 135 lbs in. . . well. . . a year. But still, I'm very happy with my progress. From here I think I'm going to start strength training and possible set a goal to lose another 5-10 lbs. Right now though, I'm very happy to have gotten here.

Here's the photo that started the whole thing. My husband and I were signing our wedding license (we got married and then had the wedding later) and I had just weighed in at my doctor's office at the heaviest I've ever been. The photo was a bit of a wake-up call for me. This is actually the most flattering shot, because I deleted the others. lol

180116_10150132565421276_601091275_8556159_3321572_n.jpg

Here I am about half-way through my progress. I actually lost 20 lbs, but then gained some back on vacation, so we'll call this the half-way point.

DSCN3830.jpg

Ellen.jpg

At this point my body decided it was done. I went into maintenance for awhile before dropping my calories and trying for some more. I've had too much experience trying to eek by on less than 1200 calories of diet food and I didn't want to repeat the process. And I wasn't in a hurry anyway. So when I dropped back down from maintenance to 1400 the weight started coming off again and today I have ended up here:

DSCN4271.jpg

DSCN4269.jpg

DSCN4270.jpg

I lost the weight pretty evenly, but mostly it came off my hips and butt. I can fit into my 10 year old clothes again. lol Of course I didn't tell my husband that, I told him I needed new clothes because the old ones don't fit. :)

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    shameless bump ;)
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Congrats!
  • shanmomto4
    Options
    You look great! Congrats!
  • BenKnowsFitness
    BenKnowsFitness Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    congrats, you look good
  • cp1246
    cp1246 Posts: 3
    Options
    Congratulations!! Your SW and GW are similar to me so it is great motivation. I am curious what is your height?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! Your SW and GW are similar to me so it is great motivation. I am curious what is your height?

I'm 5'4"-- my doctor said 130 was about the lowest I should go since I have a curvy frame and wider hips, so I'm going to try for another 5 lbs and see how I feel.
  • runbyme
    runbyme Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look amazing!
  • silverburk
    Options
    You look amazing! And I thought you looked curvy before! I'm so glad you kept those curves! and didn't become a shapeless skinny stick! LOL
  • cp1246
    cp1246 Posts: 3
    Options
    Yah I am 5'5", In the past i could maintain at 135-140 comfortably with exercise ;-)
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    You know what never gets old? Success stories threads! Congratulations, you've done incredible!
  • rdzilla
    rdzilla Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I love the strategy placed on your progress. You weren't trying to loose the most weight possible and were happy to sit in maintenance mode for a bit. Congratulations and you look wonderful!
  • nitka653
    nitka653 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    You know what never gets old? Success stories threads! Congratulations, you've done incredible!

I couldn't have said it better! You inspire me :-D
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Very nice!
  • xMedullaOblongatax
    Options
    Way to go! You look utterly fabulous!!!!!
  • letmebeda1_wechange
    letmebeda1_wechange Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    great job!!!!

13651868.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • juliesauber13
    Options

COMPLETELY AGREE~ That's the only reason I come to MFP! I love seeing incredible stories like thus one -- so motivating!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!