SBF2 Reboot Boogaloo...June 9

Options
mechanicmom
mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
Good morning, Pebbles!
Good choices last night CP! :bigsmile:
V, how are you doing this morning?
Today is the beginning of our new schedule for the summer (with a few weeks off). Why I signed Alex up for the 9am tumbling class I don't know. I like to do my running around as early in the morning as I can and spend the rest of the day at home. The problem is that I don't have time for a run this morning and don't know that I will have time later. This may be a day off...not by choice. I prefer taking tomorrow off.
Today:
tumbling class
walk/run if not too hot when we get done
run an errand for DH
MIL coming so must finish cleaning
work on Russian and then relax
Have a good day!
MM

Replies

• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Hi pebbs,

I'm trying to re-focus on positivity and action today. I have to make a million phone calls to some offices on campus and try to get to the bottom of what all of my bursaries, tuition waiver and rebates on fees will cover, and what I actually owe the university after all of that is taken into account. They charge the full balance of everything, have a payment deadline and then credit your account whatever is owed to you, so I always end up paying late fees on money I really don't owe. I also called my union rep last night, and he's checking with the lawyers to see if the university is doing something illegal or just tacky to me. I may file a grievance. So, they've succeeded in radicalizing me. I just can't imagine any other environment where you would be expected to start work without knowing the terms of your contract, especially when my wink-and-a-handshake terms changed four times in three hours yesterday, and I ended up teaching for three hours (a course I was scheduled to teach that they gave away as I was teaching it) that I now have no real clear picture of how I'll get paid for. Oof. I'm ranting.

So, on the upside. . .the schedule change means I can go back to my old workout schedule (I'm making lemonade. . .) so it's Bikram at noon today. (I didn't workout yesterday other than my walk, due to pouting, going out to dinner, and my skill at making the perfect lemonade vodka martini(s) :tongue: )

And that's enough of a novel for today.

Take care of yourselves, and I promise to do the same.

Fair treatment boogaloo!:flowerforyou:

Oh, and Wandering. . .I've got my DVR set to tape the Canadian premiere (I think. . .I couldn't figure out if it was a new episode) of Whale Wars tomorrow night. (I hope it really is the new season, as sometimes we have to wait longer than those South of the border for the new seasons. . .)
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    That sucks V. I've never lasted long at jobs where they screwed with my schedule - and I've had a few like that. It shouldn't be allowed. Sometimes, I feel that employers know when they have someone in a tight spot, and they exploit it.

I miss tumbling class. I know I would hurt myself though.

Today: walk/jog and either yoga at home or class. It's a hard class, so I really need to assess how I feel before going.

Down with the man, boogaloo!
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    My morning is not turning out like I had hoped. Oh well.
    I am going to try to go for a walk/jog tonight. If we go out to eat for dinner then I may have to... or have an early cheat day this week.
    I'm gonna try to get out tonight though. I need it. You know how one thing, even a little thing, can go wrong and you feel like your day is shot? lol. Having a pity moment.
    MM
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options

Down with the man, boogaloo!

This boogaloo made my day, just so you know.:wink:
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    prayers to you Viv! :flowerforyou: I hope it all works out.

I got in a quick run this morning and have been cleaning since. Taking Ian to a minor league game tonight since this is my only day off until next tues. Guy at the restaurant quit so I picked up all his shifts (need the $$) and may end up as day-manager as a result. Not bad for being there only 6-months. Really I'm the 3rd eldest person waiting tables, so not many other choices for the owners :tongue:

I'll check in when I can; have to see how my doubles work out and if I get home at a reasonable hour. Good thing is I don't have to be in till 11, so no excuses to not workout first!

Have a great day!
    Arianne :wink:
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, I feel that employers know when they have someone in a tight spot, and they exploit it.
    I have definitely felt this to be true sometimes... although, sometimes it is just genuinely bad (but not malicious) management. Good luck, V. And you too, AD!

Today I had my walk after lunch, and then the rest of the day is off - because I have a massage scheduled! :bigsmile:

Relaxation boogaloo... :flowerforyou:
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    Sometimes, I feel that employers know when they have someone in a tight spot, and they exploit it.
    I have definitely felt this to be true sometimes... although, sometimes it is just genuinely bad (but not malicious) management.

In this case, it's a little bit of both. Coupled with an organization that cares about the bottom line more than the education the undergrads are paying for. Oh, and by the way. . .today my schedule changed. Again. I have a meeting scheduled with a grievance officer in the Faculty of Grad Studies, as well as my union rep. (Just to air my legitimate concerns, and to go on record.) Also, I discovered today through a little research with Human Resources that the figures they're basing my contract cut on are, in fact, incorrect. . .

Plot thickening boogaloo.:ohwell:
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    I have to toot my own horn! TOOT TOOT!
    I went for my walk/jog without Alex and the stroller. I jogged .2 miles at one time! I know that doesn't seem like much but that's almost a 1/4 of a mile! I've never done that. Not even as a kid! And I did it two times! Plus I jogged in the park a few times. So I think I jogged about 1/2 a mile or so altogether! :bigsmile: I know that if I can stick this out that I can be running as far as CP and AD. :wink: I sure like jogging better without the stroller too. :tongue:
    I just had to brag!
    MM