no weight lose yet

Options
2»

Replies

• carmenrjones12
    Options
    Hey! What's your diet consist of? Make sure you're eating right AND working out. Those two go hand and hand! Don't get discouraged. It def takes time and a LOT of patience!
  • Steph_Anie
    Steph_Anie Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Give it time, you probably have sent your body into shock, I gained 2 pounds the first week.... then lost 3 the next.... I think my body needed time to adjust
  • carmenrjones12
    Options
    One thing that helped me was a LOT of cardio. It really works. Make sure you drink tons of water and watch your sugar intake. Keep your spirits up because the minute you lose focus you fall off the wagon. Feel free to message me for tips or encouragement. I joined MFP to help others because I went through the same thing 2 years ago. I started running and it's def changed my life!
  • tangiesharp
    tangiesharp Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I often eat less because I am not hungry.

DING!! There's your problem. You have to eat your calories or else your body moves into "starvation mode" and attempts to hold on to all of the calories you've consumed. Eat your calories even if you don't want to. So that's one part of the equation.

The other part is exercise. If you've been working out for a while, your body may be used to exercise. Also, are you using a heart rate monitor? MFP is known for giving bad numbers for exercise. Using a heart rate monitor is one of the only ways to get an accurate read on your calorie burn.

Last thing, are you drinking enough water? I've found if I don't get 8-12 glasses a day, my weight loss stalls. Not fun.

Anyway, congrats on making your lifestyle change. Be patient. It's only been 3 days. It will happen for you.
  • samatalma
    samatalma Posts: 197
    Options
    You have to eat in order to lose weight.
    And it's only been 10 days. Why don't you give it some time?
  • Karenlavonne1958
    Options
    Have you taken your measurements? You may be building muscle and that weighs more then fat. Have patience. It will drop off all of a sudden. Do you feel better? How are your clothes fitting more comfortably? I count these things as more important then what the scale says.
  • kjannan
    kjannan Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    It took 3 weeks on here before I lost any weight, hang in there!

Don't give up, it WILL happen & when it does your weight will fall off!
  • chefbrina
    Options
    If you are not used to working out, you will gain muscle first. You probably will see inches lost before lbs. Just hang in there! you are doing this (hopefully) to be healthier and not just to lose weight.
  • Puddykat1026
    Puddykat1026 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I gained weight in the first 2 weeks because my body was adjusting to all the changes. It's actually very common. Especially if you ate poorly prior to exercising and eating the proper calories you need.
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    it might take time, just find what works with your body, then stick with it! i dropped down to 1200 calories a day, and Im loosing! everyones bodies are different, as well as hormones and many other factors that effect bmr. i know alot of people on here will tell you to eat more to loose weight, but for some of us, thats just not the case. i know with me, it was only when i dropped down to 1200, that it started coming off, and its coming off at a rate of just about 2 pounds per week. i have 1 cheat day every couple of weeks, but other than that, i stick to 1200 a day. i lost 50 pounds using this same method 4 years ago, and it maintained nicely afterwards. when i quit smoking 2 years ago, i gained it all back, plus some. ive been back on since december, and have lost 20 pounds. just find what works for you, otherwise, your going to get advise from all over the spectrum... what it comes down to, is your body, and how your body chemistry is working... good luck!
  • shannon4health
    Options
    I know for me when it is "time of month" i lose NOTHING...I actually gain a few pounds and last week I was getting all upset b/c i was working so hard and not losing...that is when I realized not to be a slave to the scale and to keep AT my healthy eating habits and some exercise and a few days after it was over I lost those few pounds and then some:):):):) Also those first few weeks are hard!! I know you will get there:)
  • missyont
    Options
    make sure you are pushing yourself when you work out and tracking everything. Your measurements could be off(food)
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    I often eat less because I am not hungry.

Working out causes a deficit.
    Eating back calories boost metabolism.
    Higher metabolism causes your body to want to eat to maintain energy and over time this wont be an issue.
    At 5 foot tall you should be eating at the least 1400 calories up to 1800 calories for maximum fat metabolism and to maintain lean mass.
    Dont eat too low or you will cause your body to catabolize lean mass.
    Your heart is lean mass btw.....

OH YEA!
    Throw your scale away and use a tape measurer to chart your progress.
    When you swap fat for lean mass the scale is useless!

sincerely yours,
    Dan'O
  • vpaxson
    Options
    I am 5'4" and No I do not stay in bed all day. I exercise 5-6 days a week actually. I watch my food carefully and I still have to be extra extra careful. I also work 5-6 days per week 8-12 hours a day, and I do not sit around all day at work either. Thanks for the question. It was so nice of you!
  • Helloitsdan
    Options
    I am 5'4" and No I do not stay in bed all day. I exercise 5-6 days a week actually. I watch my food carefully and I still have to be extra extra careful. I also work 5-6 days per week 8-12 hours a day, and I do not sit around all day at work either. Thanks for the question. It was so nice of you!

If you eat 1200 calories daily you burn fat and muscle!
    YAY for failed weight loss!

If you work out 5-6 times a week that gives the average woman appx 2700-2800 calorie TDEE.
    cut 20% from that to lose fat.
    Eat even less to lose muscle.
  • dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/61706-guide-to-calorie-deficits

I'm going to bet you set your weekly goal to 2 pounds per week to lose 15lbs.
  • Helloitsdan
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/61706-guide-to-calorie-deficits

I'm going to bet you set your weekly goal to 2 pounds per week to lose 15lbs.

Thats the thing! Some people on here are lucky and only wanted to lose 30lbs or less.
    They dont understand that its harder to do this with very low calories!

Same thing goes for people in the Obese 1-3 range.
    They drop calories to 1200 not realizing that they generate higher TDEE when they become active and the body searches for ways to slow it down.
    This is why you hear about bigger men and women dropping dead from heart attacks!
    At some point you will damage lean mass, including the heart because its muscle, and seriously harm yourself.
  • robertd012
    Options
    To Helloitsdan; Thank you for the information on Fat 2 Fit Radio. I went there and used it. When I started my weigh loss program back in December I was considered Obese with 34.4% body fat an weighed 250 Lbs. Since I started with MFP I am down to 246Lbs. and at 30% body fat and now considered Overweight. I would not have known this until I read your information on Fat 2 Fit Radio. They asked a lot more questions and gave me a body weight goal of 212 Lbs and 19% body fat. I would like to go a little lower than that but that is a start. Thank you again. Robert;
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!