low calorie alcoholic drinks to order downtown?

Options
I'm a college student who recently turned 21. I also live in Wisconsin.. we drink a lot. I've been going downtown about 3 days a week but I'm cutting it down to once a week or once every other. Does anybody know of any low calorie alcoholic drinks I could order next time I go? I usually go on wristband nights so it's all you can drink rail and it's hard not to order about 4 to 5 which adds up quick.. eek!

Replies

• kasebrad
    kasebrad Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I usually get vodka soda. It's just vodka, which is low in calories in comparison to other varieties of alcohol (I believe about 60 cal/oz or 90/1.5 oz shot.), and carbonated water. It's usually accompanied by a lime, and if you prefer some more flavor, order a flavored vodka. it's great because the only calories you're getting is from the alcohol, and you're staying hydrated by drinking water in the process. Just be careful - tonic water is not the same as soda water (tons of sugar and calories). Make it clear that you don't want tonic.

You can substitute other stuff like gin if you'd prefer. Also, you can always just get some kind of diet soda (like diet coke) + alcohol of choice.
  • nichole2003
    Options
    I grew up in Wisconsin and agree that we like to drink! :-) Diet soda and vodka or any clear alcohol is the way to go!
  • jennilovesryan
    Options
    agreed. vodka and diet seems to be the way to go! just watch the sodium!
  • meg0013
    meg0013 Posts: 102
    Options
    diet coke and rum. rum & malibu are about 50-60 cal/ounce.
  • SmashliT
    SmashliT Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I usually get vodka soda. It's just vodka, which is low in calories in comparison to other varieties of alcohol (I believe about 60 cal/oz or 90/1.5 oz shot.), and carbonated water. It's usually accompanied by a lime, and if you prefer some more flavor, order a flavored vodka. it's great because the only calories you're getting is from the alcohol, and you're staying hydrated by drinking water in the process. Just be careful - tonic water is not the same as soda water (tons of sugar and calories). Make it clear that you don't want tonic.

You can substitute other stuff like gin if you'd prefer. Also, you can always just get some kind of diet soda (like diet coke) + alcohol of choice.

Same here. I love orange or raspberry vodkas with seltzer/ soda. I grew up in WI too! No one can do a brandy old fashioned like the 'Sconnies can!
  • merlinralph
    merlinralph Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Ive always gone to a clear rum and water/orange juice mix. hydration plus no blood sugar crashes :)
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    diet coke and rum.. because It tastes good..
  • rdzilla
    rdzilla Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Downtown: Jack and diet coke
    Midtown: Seagrams and diet seven up
    Uptown: Martini; extra dirty.
  • glennstoudt
    glennstoudt Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing as low calorie alcoholic drinks. That being said my suggestion is to develop a taste for wine. You have 125 calories per glass, you have your choice of red or white, dry or sweet, all pretty much the same calories. And, you can have one to three drinks depending on your interest and tolerance and that is pretty good on a calorie and cost basis. Drinking wine is a far better idea than liquor and beer. These are just my thoughts having been through all these things over the years. Wine you can sip. No one will ask you to chug it. There are many benefits including resveratrol.

Good luck and have fun.

Glenn
  • elg1982
    elg1982 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    This is how I stretch out a night of "drinking"

1st drink - Seltzer
    2nd - Beer
    3rd - Diet Cola
    4th - Seltzer
    5th - Beer

Then seltzer for the rest of the night.
  • LisaRN9
    LisaRN9 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    here's my skinny fave...bring a packet of flavored water enhancer to the club. (sold to add to bottled water) It is sugar free and comes in a variety of tasty flavors. Then I order a shot of vodka and seltzer water on the rocks. Add the flavor packet and stir. The cranberry tastes like a cosmo.
  • Megclark37
    Options
    ahh, what a great idea!! I'll have to try that!! thank you :D
  • melrose09
    melrose09 Posts: 271
    Options
    here's my skinny fave...bring a packet of flavored water enhancer to the club. (sold to add to bottled water) It is sugar free and comes in a variety of tasty flavors. Then I order a shot of vodka and seltzer water on the rocks. Add the flavor packet and stir. The cranberry tastes like a cosmo.

You are brilliant!
  • jfluchere
    jfluchere Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Vodka soda and lime