To exercise or not?

Options
dimplzz
dimplzz Posts: 456 Member
I am going to be painting the entire upstairs of my house this week/end. On the days that I am painting, should I still try to do my regular exercise routine or do you think that painting will be enough work?

I will be doing all the painting myself while my hubby keeps himself and our 17 month old out of my hair. :laugh: I LOVE LOVE LOVE painting and can't wait! I was supposed to do this last weekend and we did yard work instead. I can't wait to get start and might just do the bathroom tonight when I get home from work. :happy:

Replies

• nofeardiver
    Options
    I would still try to fit your normal routine in. Maybe do it before hand, that way you are not to tired after you paint to do it. Worse case is that its like have an extra workout.
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    Personally, I would exercise. Painting is not the same as busting your butt at the gym. Yes, I know painting is not that easy. At the very least do some stretching after painting...you will feel much better with a stretch and a warm shower!
  • fjtcjt
    fjtcjt Posts: 199
    Options
    Yes I agree- Get up early if you have to and workout. You will feel better about yourself all day long instead of wondering about it all day.
  • dimplzz
    dimplzz Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Sounds good. I was leaning more towards working out then not. Would you still track the calories burned from painting?
  • hoguewild
    hoguewild Posts: 12
    Options
    I just finished painting my place (while the hubby watched the 10 month old), so I understand the dilemma. I TRIED to keep up with the fitness routine, but realistically it wasn't possible every day. Especially since most spare time was spent trying to finish painting all three stories.

Don't beat yourself up if you can't keep up the pace. And just as an aside, I actually lost weight while exercising less and not eating as well as I should have... :tongue: