I QUIT! It's OK to QUIT

Options
Someone at work sent this to me today and the message really spoke to me so I just had to share this with my MFP family. Which ones are you going to QUIT right now?

"It's ok to Quit....." by Motivational Speaker - Veraunda Jackson

1. Quit arguing with people about the same old foolishness! Respect their position and keep it moving!

2. Quit telling people your secrets when you know they are not going to keep them! And if you keep telling them, then quit getting mad when they tell your secrets!

3. Quit trying to pull people on your journey who don't want to travel with you. Either they believe in you and value you...or they don't!

4. Quit complaining about things you can't and won't change!

5. Quit gossiping about other people! Minding our own business should be a full time job!

6. Quit blaming each other for things that in the big picture aren't going to matter three weeks from now! Talk solutions...and then implement them!

7. Quit eating things you know are not good for you! If you can't quit...eat smaller portions!

8. Quit buying things when we know we can't afford them! If you don't have self control, then quit going to the stores! Quit charging things, especially when you don't NEED them!

9. Quit staying in unhealthy relationships! It is not okay for people to verbally or physically abuse you! So quit lying to yourself! It is not okay to stay in the marriage for the children! Ask them and they will tell you that they really would prefer to see you happy and that the misery you and your spouse/partner are living with is affecting them!

10. Quit letting family members rope you into the drama! -Start telling them you don't want to hear it! Quit spreading the drama! Quit calling other relatives and telling them about your cousin or aunt! Go back to #5 minding your own business should be enough to keep you busy!

11. Quit trying to change people! IT DOESN'T WORK! Quit cussing people out when you know that they are just being the miserable and jealous people that they are!

12. Quit the job you hate! Start pursuing your passion. Find the job that fuels your passion BEFORE you quit!

13. Quit volunteering for things that you aren't getting any personal fulfillment from anymore! Quit volunteering for things and then failing to follow through with your commitment!

14. Quit listening to the naysayers! Quit watching the depressing news if you are going to live in the doom and gloom of it all!

15. Quit making excuses about why you are where you are or why you can't do what you want to do!

16. Quit waiting on others to give you the answers...and start finding the answers for yourself! If what you are doing isn't working for you... then quit it!

17. Quit settling and start making your dreams a reality!- Quit being afraid and START LIVING YOUR LIFE! CREATE THE LIFE YOU WANT! If you want something different than what you have had in the past....you must quit doing what you have done before and DO something different! JUST QUIT IT ...... and START DOING something to create the experience you want!

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,114 Member
    Options
    I love this. Thanks!!!

I've learned this is all true. Not to say it's easy to implement, but when you do you will be so much happier.
  • Lizzy_Sunflower
    Lizzy_Sunflower Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    Great advice.

Thanks for the share
  • OneBryteSmile
    OneBryteSmile Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    I love this. Thanks!!!

I've learned this is all true. Not to say it's easy to implement, but when you do you will be so much happier.

True it is not always easy to implement but you are so right that you will be a lot happier in the end.
  • OneBryteSmile
    Options
    Great advice.

Thanks for the share

You're welcome :)
  • fit4leyef
    Options
    Thanks for sharing :):):) Just call me a quitter LOLOL
  • beachgirl10
    beachgirl10 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this Bryte; I need to Quit!!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    :love:
  • OneBryteSmile
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this Bryte; I need to Quit!!

I need to quit some of these too :)
  • Helenacabral1
    Options
    SOOO TRUE..I LOVE IT..:happy:
  • Laura_Ivy
    Laura_Ivy Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    That's awesome advice! :)
  • PrincessEliNa
    PrincessEliNa Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Love this! Thanks!
  • emrys1976
    emrys1976 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    So stealing this...
    Thanks!!
  • maru84
    maru84 Posts: 128
    Options
    rockin advice, thx!!!!!
  • mindi2227
    Options
    What a great reminder! Thank you for sharing.
  • Blessedmommy_2x
    Blessedmommy_2x Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this!
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Quit telling me what to do, you're not the boss of me :wink:

Good stuff :happy:
  • stevenleagle
    stevenleagle Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Lol, I thought someone was quitting mfp!

Some great advice there, though there are one or two of them that I don't fully agree with (I'll quit while I'm ahead and not say which ones they are)....
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    thank you so much! i finally quit making excuses for my life and did this very thing a couple weeks ago and it has worked wonders for me!
  • OneBryteSmile
    Options
    So stealing this...
    Thanks!!

Steal away :)