Wii Zumba

Options
About to do Zumba on Wii..has anyone had any luck with this?

Replies

• MelBee29
    Options
    I have it ! im 2 days in & I LOVE IT !!! i wear my HRM check my pulse before i start and after each routine and its pretty accurate to the games stats of how many calories i burn , i highly recommend it !
  • Myslissa
    Myslissa Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I had it for PS3....I loved it. I traded it in for Just Dance 3 cause I was ready for a change....Done the Zumba for about 9 months.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    i did it once. AMAZING workout. i'm not very coordinated though...
  • bostongirl47
    bostongirl47 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have the ZUMBA DVD's and they are fantastic! Never tried it on the Wii though.
  • shalvors
    shalvors Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have Wii Zumba, excellent workout! My kids love it too!
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I love this as well. It is so much fun and a really great work out.
  • adriaarnett
    Options
    Where does it show you how many calories you should have burned? I have been doing it for a few weeks now and love it but just have been guess on the calories.
  • traceymccune
    Options
    I have the 2nd Zumba game for the Wii and I love it! I was really disappointed in the first one.
  • skinnybunny123
    Options
    Roughly how much is it for the Wii Zumba? I want it so bad.
  • QueenMother14
    QueenMother14 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    My husband just bought it for me today. I cant wait to try it!
  • lucyford22
    lucyford22 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I bought it and resold it on ebay the same day. I tried it and it just wasn't for me. Good luck though, I have several friends that love it!
  • Catzwitch
    Catzwitch Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I like real zumba. I was really disappointed in the Wii zumba. A friend has it for Kinect and its better there, but I prefer doing Zumba to real songs, not their soundtrack.
  • tlayson
    tlayson Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I do Just Dance 3 on Wii and I love it!. I've lost 19.5 lbs since December 26th. I cant have it feel like I'm working out, I have be having fun while doing it. I'm getting the Zumba and Black Eyed Peas Experience soon! Have fun!
  • jeniferjune
    jeniferjune Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    This is all great to read! I really like it thus far, but alot of moves Id have to learn...burned 110 calories though in 10 minutes :) Im going do Just Dance as well! Power sweating on both these!
  • jeniferjune
    Options
    I was wondering if the calories burned were correct, so thank you for telling me your HRM matched what the Wii Zumba game said!
  • lmbigsby
    Options
    Love it, love it. Have both Zumba and Zumba Fitness 2, 2 is great. I do it daily as well as attend live classes 2 x a week. I also have the DVD's which are a nice change up between the wii games. I am a Zumba addict!!!
  • Jayneoh
    Jayneoh Posts: 20
    Options
    I have used it for 2 weeks, from the start of my diet. I try and do it 3-4 times per week for 30 minutes after work. It is great fun and seems difficult to keep up with but I just picked the songs I liked learned in time with the music and caught on quickly. I do not believe the calories it tells me I burn. It said after 30 minutes doing a custom playlist of 1 warm up, 1 medium, 4 intense and 1 cool down I burn 519 calories. I dont believe it is that much but I dont mind as its fun and gets you moving!!
  • FindJulie
    FindJulie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I bought the Wii Zumba a week ago and have been using it quite a bit. It is really fun and so easy to get some exercise in quickly while the kids are around (they like to try and do it too!). I'm so happy to hear from one of the other posters that the calorie counts are pretty accurate, since I was wondering about that. Also, for the poster who was asking how much it is: I bought mine in Canadian Costco for $36.
  • jeniferjune
    Options
    @jayneoh - Another member wrote this below, she tested it on her HRM and it was pretty exact.
    I have it ! im 2 days in & I LOVE IT !!! i wear my HRM check my pulse before i start and after each routine and its pretty accurate to the games stats of how many calories i burn , i highly recommend it !
  • geekymom57
    geekymom57 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I have been using the Zumba 2 for Wii for a couple of months. I like it much better than the DVDs, but either I am completely uncoordinated (quite possible) or the sensor doesn't catch "stuff". Regardless, the time goes quickly and it's a good change from my elliptical. I am not a class person so for me, it works well since the chances are close to zero that I'd do a Zumba class at my gym, which is full of young things.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!